S32K144 vlps mode, after I init can, the use wfi struction, the chip will reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 vlps mode, after I init can, the use wfi struction, the chip will reset

hongjianzhang
Contributor III

This happened when I use our normal project , but when we use another project to test this can and sleep mode ,this won't happen,.

When the chip reset , I saw the reset source register,  the reset source is  SACKERR, but even we use can and the close it , then use wfi  enter  vlps ,this also happen ,  I can't figure out where wrong. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,
What is the state of the FlexCAN before the WFI instruction?
The FlexCAN must be put into Freeze Mode (Section 53.1.8.1 S32K1xx RM rev.9) but the recommendation is to disable (53.1.8.2) the module prior to VLPS.
The stop mode acknowledge error (SACKERR) can be caused by a failure of an external clock input to a module (25.2.2.6). Therefore, the modules you use should be disabled before the PLL, FIRC, SOSC clock sources get disabled.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

hongjianzhang
Contributor III

Thank you for your answer, Today I found we init can0、can1、can2,but only close can0(because we just need can0,can1 and can2 is auto init by our software platform)

prayer_hong@163.com

发件人: danielmartynek

发送时间: 2019-01-21 19:27

收件人: hongjian zhang

主题: Re: - Re: S32K144 vlps mode, after I init can, the use wfi struction, the chip will reset

NXP Community

Re: S32K144 vlps mode, after I init can, the use wfi struction, the chip will reset

reply from Daniel Martynek in S32K - View the full discussion

Hello,

What is the state of the FlexCAN before the WFI instruction?

The FlexCAN must be put into Freeze Mode (Section 53.1.8.1 S32K1xx RM rev.9) but the recommendation is to disable (53.1.8.2) the module prior to VLPS.

The stop mode acknowledge error (SACKERR) can be caused by a failure of an external clock input to a module (25.2.2.6). Therefore, the modules you use should be disabled before the PLL, FIRC, SOSC clock sources get disabled.

Regards,

Daniel

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on NXP Community

Start a new discussion in S32K by email or at NXP Community

Following Re: S32K144 vlps mode, after I init can, the use wfi struction, the chip will reset in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by NXP Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from NXP Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos