S32K144 boot jump to app fail

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 boot jump to app fail

Contributor III

Hello EveryOne,

I meet a issue about S32K144 boot jump to App fail, the fail rate is 2/1226 loops;

Boot configure as below:

step 1. Boot configure CAN module, support UDS PHY CAN ID and FUNC CAN ID.

step 2. If ECU receive UDS reset request(11 01). then continue launch step 3;

step 3. S32K144 launch CAN module Deinit API to reinit CAN module, does not set CAN transceiver as standby mode,then CAN tranceiver keeps normal mode.

step 4.S32k144 launch software reset API to reset, then ECU performance as below one;

a. ECU has no function, then will not support response UDS request CAN message;

b. ECU will TX cycle CAN message at first, but then it wll reset;

Question::

What configure should need to do before launch MCU  software reset?

thanks~~~

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @547416104 

I always recommend software reset to everyone. After reset, you can jump to the application at the very beginning - before all the initialization. This is bulletproof way for this. If you just do all the deinitialization by software, you must be very careful to deinit everything. Or the application must be aware that something is not in default reset state. The most issues is usually caused by interrupts, so double check if all interrupts are disabled on all levels - in the core, by local enable bits in peripherals, by priorities...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hello lukaszadrapa,

Follow your response, I think should to disable the global IRQ,disable CAN irq and set CAN transceiver as standby mode, whether ok?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, I would start with that.

0 Kudos