cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 : Where to Start..CAN

GeorgeMHome--OldDog
Contributor I

Hi all,

Showing my age, I'm sure, but I'm used to, when using CAN communications, having the benefit of a network card, that takes care of all the low level "stuff" such that I tell the card some basic details like node ID and network baudrate, and afterwards I just send destination address / message id, and data to it, and it does all the rest.

Now I find that everything can be all done on one processor, and it's so much better, so much more efficient...etc.etc.. so I've picked up an EVB, and read a lot of the 2178 page RM, and realised I'm out of my depth and need some pointers.

So, say to start with, in order to create a CANBus node using extended CAN, but not FlexCAN, what steps do I have to go through, in terms of register settings, interrupts, clocks, enabling this, disabling that, and so on... Is there an example of such a simple setup, a series of steps that I can work through to get myself started so this old dog can learn some new tricks..?

thanks in advance to anyone taking pity on an NXP noob

0 Kudos
2 Replies

GeorgeMHome--OldDog
Contributor I

Thanks for such a quick response ! I'll take a look at those four over the next few days, and hopefully come back with more concise questions !

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I can recommend to refer to available FlexCAN examples within S32 Design Studio, for example in S32DS2.2

PetrS_0-1664796763616.png

PetrS_1-1664796822384.png

In S32DS3.4 you can find similar SDK example.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos