Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144-Q100 for iseled

Jump to solution
Bussign
Contributor I

Hi:

I want to use ISELED with a development board, but I've encountered code limitations.

The actual operation does indeed match the code limitations described in "GET STARTED."

Can you please advise me on how to remove these restrictions?

The MCU on the development board is labeled "FS32K144xxxx," which also matches the listing on the ISELED website. Is this limitation specific to the development board?

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

May I ask which development board you are using? From the S32K144EVB-Q100 schematic S32K144EVB-SCH-29248-RB1, the part number on the board seems to be PS32K144HFT0VLLT (it is recommended to observe the chip Marking on the development board).
If the onboard chip Marking is FS32K144UAVLL, then FS32K144ULT0VLLT is pin to pin compatible. And they include the license for evaluation and production phases with full functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Mandatory driver re-initialization after 150K commands (SDK version), or 10K commands (AUTOSAR version)

ISELED Restricted functionality Mandatory driver re-initialization.png

So you may have to call again in the application the Init_interface function so you can get another round of 10k allowed commands.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Bussign
Contributor I

Hi Robin:

Because I want to use the development version directly for my application, which involves displaying GIF images without being able to pause and reinitialize (wait for 1 second) midway, I would like to know if it's possible to lift this restriction?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, I'm afraid you'll need to buy a part number that supports ISELED and then replace the chip on the board that doesn't support ISELED.

0 Kudos
Bussign
Contributor I

Hi Robin:

If that's the case, I checked the MCU marked "FS32K144UAVLL" on the development board, and indeed, this part number is not on the list. So, should I purchase an "FS32K144ULTOVLLT" to replace it? Is this idea correct? Is the "FS32K144ULTOVLLT" MCU pin-to-pin compatible? Will this replacement eliminate this restriction?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

May I ask which development board you are using? From the S32K144EVB-Q100 schematic S32K144EVB-SCH-29248-RB1, the part number on the board seems to be PS32K144HFT0VLLT (it is recommended to observe the chip Marking on the development board).
If the onboard chip Marking is FS32K144UAVLL, then FS32K144ULT0VLLT is pin to pin compatible. And they include the license for evaluation and production phases with full functionality.

0 Kudos
Bussign
Contributor I

Hi Robin:

"S32K144EVB-Q100," confirmed with the marking on the development board as "FS32K144UAVLL."

Great, I will purchase one right away to test it out.

I have a more detailed question about the ISELED driver pins. I couldn't find a separate driver on the development board. The principle should be to control the ISELED driver and LEDs using SPI. Since there is no visible driver, can I understand that the driver is already integrated within the MCU?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos