S32K144 Prase srec

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Prase srec

玉敏111田
Contributor III

When I prase srec with s32k144 bootloader ,I came up with one problem.The valid data in one line is not Must be 64-bit aligned. So the data can not be writen.How to make the data  Must be 64-bit aligned  in srec

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

other option is use srec_cat tool: 

SRecord - Browse /srecord-win32 at SourceForge.net 

here is bunch of examples how to use srec_cat

srec_examples 

This command line tool can be also called as post build step. 

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There are a few possibilities on how to align Srecord.

The first option is to use the burner.exe tool. This tool is included in the CodeWarrior version 5.1/5.2.

It was developed for the 16-bit devices, but it could be used also for the S32K Srecords.

However, if you want to use it you should install CodeWarrior:

CodeWarrior® Dev Tools for HCS12(X) MCUs | NXP 

The tool can be found in the Prog folder. There you can configure the type, format, bytes per line of the Srecord.

The second option is to use the SRECCVTSW (attached). However, this is a little bit complicated and I cannot find the option to changed the Srec type (S1 type only). Of course, the Srec size can be set.

You should push CTRL and launch SRecCvt-GUI.exe. After that, is needed to select input, output file, S-Record Size and click on the Convert button. Then copy the first line from Debug Command into the command line (cmd) and change the memory address, for example, "/SRecCvt/sreccvt.exe -hc12 -m 0000 7FFFF 8 -o ".

The last option is my unofficial AlignSrec tool (attached). There is no need to set anything, just select an input file and output file. After that, you will see the dialog about successful convert. The data of Srecord are automatically 8 bytes aligned. There is a header record deleted and terminating record is just S8. The type of records is S2. 

So, it's up to you which one you want to choose or you create the parser by yourself.

I hope it helps you. If you have any question, please, let me know. 

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

玉敏111田
Contributor III

Thanks very glad to recieve your answer.Now I have resolved my question with use srec_cat. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos