Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 AUTOSAR Lin Slave

tkubincova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I need to configure a S32K144 board as a LIN Slave using the Autosar API, but do not have much of an idea how to go about it. I am using S32DS v3.5 and only got so far as to configure LinNodeType as Slave in LinGlobalConfig.
But as far as the code goes, I have no idea how to receive data and respond accordingly to a LIN Master and I can't seem to find any examples where this is handled. If anyone could point me in the right direction with some example or anything, I'd be very grateful.

Regards

Tereza

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tereza,

There are examples in SW32K1 SW32M24X LIN Stack version 1.0.2, which is an extension to S32K1_S32M24X Real-Time Drivers ASR 4.4 & R21-11 Version 2.0.0.

danielmartynek_6-1716284675364.png

Read the description.txt of the examples.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

tkubincova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

after installing the package and generating the code, I find that the lin files are not automatically generated. After some digging around I found out about some tool called NCFtool for generating but the example doesn't provide a .npf file. The description.txt does not state any information on how to generate the necessary files to make the example work and neither do I see any option for it in the config tools. Am I missing something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tkubincova,

I think your generate code way is incorrect. Basically we just need to hit "Update code" after doing all configurations.

NamLee_1-1716894893915.png

I think there's no different with the LIN example.

Please help me to try this.

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I remember that i already done this example. Also the DS3.4 LIN example run for both Master and Slave. If you trouble with example, please capture all your steps and error log.
Thank you,
Nam.
0 Kudos

tkubincova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the Update Code only generates the RTD files in my case, not the LIN stack files, specifically these:

#include "lin_stack_cfg.h"
#include "lin_common_api.h"
#include "lin_commontl_api.h"
#include "lin_diagnostic_service.h"

so the code does not compile. How do I get these source files? What packages do I need to have installed? (I already have the packages mentioned in daniel's reply)

Regards, 

Tereza

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tkubincova,

I mostly support about RTD and not familiar with LIN stack, but did you try to find the LIN stack from NXP?

E.g this RTM release, please consider to follow this.

Design : Product Download : Files (flexnetoperations.com)

NamLee_0-1716896357827.png

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for your information.
Thank you,
Nam.

0 Kudos

tkubincova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried closing and opening design studio and it seems to have fixed the problem, I can now see the middleware tab which is used for the configuration (it wasn't there before for some reason) . Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tereza

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Thanks for your information.
Thank you,
Nam.
0 Kudos

tkubincova
NXP Employee