cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 design Studio for S32 platform3.4 compared to ARM 2.2

Jump to solution
JEONGSOO-SEOK
Contributor I

Hello, I'm Jeong-soo Seok, a researcher in Korea.

Regarding the last Active Rear Spoiler (ARS) project, I would like to request a detailed source code analysis.

Debugging the flexcan_encrypted_s32k144w example source of the existing S32 Design Studio for S32 (Platform 3.4) has detected a significant amount of errors in the vehicle.

However, the S32K144_Project_CanFd example source in S32 Design Studio for ARM (Version 2.2) did not fail when connected to the vehicle.

Both programs are example sources, but for S32 Platform 3.4 example sources, please analyze why the error occurred in the vehicle.

The MCU currently in use is the FS32K144WAT0WLFT model.

Please return your opinion.

I attached ARM 2.2 source and S32 platform 3.4 source file

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JEONGSOO-SEOK,

This may be because of the other node in the CAN bus, as the example works normally. There is also the can_pal_s32k144 example for ARM 2.2, have you tested this example as well?

I would recommend using the working example in S32DS3.4.

The AN5413: S32K1xx Series Cookbook also includes a CAN FD example in chapter 2.10 with increased data payload and at a CAN FD data phase bit time of 2 MHz. Message size is increased to 64 bytes (similar to the flexcan_encrypted_s32k144w example)

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JEONGSOO-SEOK
Contributor I

Additional, in case of example source, We edited only essential setting about to GPIO, Clock frequency

0 Kudos
JEONGSOO-SEOK
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. 

It doesn't occured source code error in S32 (platform 3.4). When we connected our PCB to Test Car, CAN_BUS has CAN Error. etc) ADAS, Chassis domain, more than that.

I guess that platform 3.4 flexcan_example_source code has whatever error flame

If we using CANFD, Are we use Arm 2.2 code? can not use platform 3.4 example source?

And, I don't understand CSEc Key and erase_all_key. Maybe, I think that's not assoicate with our problem.

S32 ARM 2.2 : S32DS Example Projects for S32K1XX - S32K144_Project_CanFD

S32 Platform 3.4 : S32K1xx SDK RTM v4.0.2 Example Projects - demo_apps - flexcan_encrypted_s32k144w

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JEONGSOO-SEOK,

This may be because of the other node in the CAN bus, as the example works normally. There is also the can_pal_s32k144 example for ARM 2.2, have you tested this example as well?

I would recommend using the working example in S32DS3.4.

The AN5413: S32K1xx Series Cookbook also includes a CAN FD example in chapter 2.10 with increased data payload and at a CAN FD data phase bit time of 2 MHz. Message size is increased to 64 bytes (similar to the flexcan_encrypted_s32k144w example)

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos
JEONGSOO-SEOK
Contributor I
Thanks, I will try it
0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JEONGSOO-SEOK,

Could you specify what kind of errors were detected? Also, please keep in mind the examples are not the same configuration.

The example Project CanFD explains the following in the description.txt:

• Transmit and receive a 64-byte CAN FD message at 500 KHz and 1 or 2 MHz:
    Initialize FlexCAN and Message Buffer 4 to receive a message. 
    Transmit one frame using Message Buffer 0 
  • Loop:
    If Message Buffer 4 received message flag is set, read message.
    If Message Buffer 0 transmit done flag is set, transmit another message.

The other example, FlexCAN Encrypted showcases the CSEc module:

• If running the encrypted communication: The encryption uses the first non-volatile user key, which needs to be configured by running the CSEc Key Configuration in the driver examples folder.
  • Encrypted communication works only for CSEc enabled parts. SIM_SDID indicates whether CSEc is available on your device.
  • If one of the user keys was loaded using the CSEc Key Configuration, any further full erase of the Flash requires a Challenge-Authentication process. This can be done by running the CSEc Key Configuration example again and setting the ERASE_ALL_KEYS macro to 1.

Also, please share your RTM version for both projects.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos