cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/W migration from S32K1 to S32K3

SPK_FW
Contributor II

Hi,

We were planning to migrate from S32k1 series to S32k3. In s32 design studio S32DS Extensions and updates its seen that s32k1 has only RTM drivers but s32k3 has RTD drivers, whiles32k1 and s32k3 supports realtime drivers. how to obtain RTD for s32k1 and can it be interchangeable between s32k1 and s32k3 as it sppeds up  development process.

As we have a working code based on S32k1 written with SDK support how can we easy migrate to s32k3

Thanks for helping out

Regards,

0 Kudos
7 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SPK_FW 

The Real-Time Driver for S32K1 devices can be downloaded from the Real-Time Drivers for S32K1 > Automotive SW - S32K1_S32M24x - Real-Time Drivers for Cortex-M. 

Regarding the migration from S32K1 devices to S32K3, we have an application note that could be useful for you. 

S32K1 to S32K3 Migration Guidelines

B.R.

VaneB

SPK_FW
Contributor II

Hi VaneB,

Installing S32K1 RTD using S32Design studio Extensions and Updates directly didn't workout for me. This was showing some error.

The Work around we did for this was to download s32k1 RTD zip files and use zip file to install RTD drivers.  

S32k1 and S32k3 migration is still not working.

we are using IAR complier. When we build project with RTD for S32k1 or S32k3 we facing issues.

1.png

2.png

 With RTD and IAR Build is successful and when we start debugging we face these issues  

It would be great if any insights can be given to this.

Thanks 

Suraj Prem

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SPK_FW 

The IAR code is slightly different, so the code from GCC needs to be modified (for example __attribute__ is not supported on IAR).

Projects created with S32DS and the IAR compiler plugin can be used with the IAR workbench, but projects created for GCC need some effort to make them usable with IAR.

0 Kudos

SPK_FW
Contributor II
Hi VaneB,
Thanks for reply,
I have created S32k1 with SDK and complied in IAR which was running successfully. (Project was created for IAR Complier, All defines were added and proper linker was selected)
When we needed to pick up S32k3 which will support only RTD and not SDK, after migrating to IAR i am seeing this error.
I tried S32k1 with RTD, that also shows same error.

Thank You
Suraj Prem
0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SPK_FW 

I am not familiar with IAR. The Stack address and stack size are defined in a linker file. Did you modify the default linker file? Could you verify if is not an alignment issue?

0 Kudos

SPK_FW
Contributor II
Hi,
I don't seems to be alignment issue. Linker file is not modified. Its taken for workspace created by s32Design studio for s32k3 with S32K3 Real-Time Drivers AUTOSAR R21-11 Version 3.0.0 and IAR compiler.

Thank you
0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SPK_FW 

I am afraid there is no way to create a project with RTD directly from IAR. You can use S32 Design Studio to create a project, not only to gather all the necessary components but also to generate the configuration code, which cannot be performed by IAR. Then it is up to you to choose whether the source code can be built by S32DS directly (through GCC, or even through an IAR plugin installed in S32DS), or you can copy the source code to an IAR project and build.

The error shown looks like a specific SW issue with porting which is out of the scope of general support.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos