您的意思是: 
已解决

RAM and CPU usage in S32K116 bare-metal application

跳至解决方案
1,373 次查看
harish_cont41
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to know how to effectively determine RAM and CPU usage in S32K116 bare-metal application. My application is not using any OS but just the bare-metal application and also it runs on Arm cortex-m4. I am using S32 Design Studio for this. Also I would like to know is there any plugin or some way of determining the RAM and CPU usage in this scenario. I am not using any OS like freeRTOS.Please help.

regards,

Harish.

0 项奖励
1 解答
1,363 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

regarding CPU usage - there’s no such feature in S32DS and there’s no hardware support in ARM core on S32K devices.

Performance Monitor unit is available in some MPC5xxx devices with e200z7 core, for example. It allows us to monitor number of selected events like number of branches, cache hits and many others. But there’s no such unit on S32K.

It could be implemented on software level. If an OS is used, you can monitor time spent in idle task but there’s no such option in bare-metal application.

And regarding RAM usage, you can check the *.map file in your project. There are tools like AMAP which provide nice summarization:

http://www.sikorskiy.net/prj/amap/

Regards,

Lukas

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
1 回复
1,364 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

regarding CPU usage - there’s no such feature in S32DS and there’s no hardware support in ARM core on S32K devices.

Performance Monitor unit is available in some MPC5xxx devices with e200z7 core, for example. It allows us to monitor number of selected events like number of branches, cache hits and many others. But there’s no such unit on S32K.

It could be implemented on software level. If an OS is used, you can monitor time spent in idle task but there’s no such option in bare-metal application.

And regarding RAM usage, you can check the *.map file in your project. There are tools like AMAP which provide nice summarization:

http://www.sikorskiy.net/prj/amap/

Regards,

Lukas

0 项奖励