cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem factory resetting S32K144

jonasgarsten
Contributor I

Hi, 

I have tried to factory reset my S32K144 board after changing the NVM memory (writing 0 to FNMC) on it by setting

• pin RSTN is held LOW
• CANH is pulled up to VBAT
• CANL is pulled down to GND

on battery power up (as I turn on the power supply) as it says in the UJA1169 data sheet. The debugger has always been disconnected. The configuration used to achieve this is:

RSTN is held low by connecting TP24 to GND pin on board.

CANH is pulled high by connecting it to the positive pole on the same power supply powering the board.

CANL is pulled down by connecting it to the negative pole on the same power supply powering the board.

I have also tried to hold RSTN low by holding the reset button or supplying the reset pin on the board with 3.3V. 

During power up I have measured on pin PTE4 as it is connected to RXD to see if it is forced high. I measured 5V but not the falling edge indicating that the process was over.

I have confirmed that the factory reset have failed by reading register 0x70 on the sbc and the value returned is 0x4 telling me that the memory has only been written to once and that NVMPS is 0 (should be 1).

Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Contributor I

I have tried to factory reset board to factory prevalue

• pin RSTN is held GND
• CANH is pulled up to 12v
• CANL is pulled down to GND

But I can't get in force normal mode.

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonas Garsten

I assume that you are connecting the pins CANH and CANL in the J13 to the 5v and GND, am I correct? please check the voltage of the VSUP1 while you are doing the power-on reset of the board, we have performed this process before without a problem.

Please verify this and tell me if you can return the SBC to Force Normal.

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

jonasgarsten
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes I used CAHN and CANL on the J13 header but CANH was connected to 12V, the same voltage I power the board with, and headers J109 and J108 was removed to protect components R92 and R98 as I was unsure if they could take 12V for longer periods of time.  

I have now tried the same things as in the original post with 5V on CANH but no luck. 

I could find VSUP and not VSUP1 in the schematics and measured 4.2V when supplying the board with 5V.

At this voltage RSTN is always low and will not go high until the board is supplied with at least 5.5V.

If I have not understood the schematics incorrectly RSTN is connected to the RESET pin(J3-05) and the reset button. However when I pull down the RESET pin or hold the reset button and measure on TP24 the signal stays high. Can this be the problem?

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonas Garsten

Yes, you are correct, you have to connect 12V to the CANH in the header J13. there wasn't needed to remove the R92 and R98 components.

For the RSTN, it is not connected to the reset of the MCU, as long as the R102 is not populated, you need to connect TP24 to GND while you are doing this process. Once you have all these connections, you need to power the 12V on the board and wait at least 1 second with the reset held low.

Hope this could resolve your issue.

Regards

0 Kudos

Contributor I

如果您设置成功,请告诉我

0 Kudos