cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug in LIN stack..?

partis
Contributor III

Hello

We are using the NXP LIN stack with a S32K144, running as a slave. Everything works well, such as scheduled status reporting packets, but except for occasional mishaps with diagnostic packets (0x3c/0x3d).

We have 3 SIDs configured and these all perform well in receiving 0x3c packets (master requests). When sending slave responses, 0x3d, they very occasionally "get stuck" with the status being constantly LD_IN_PROGRESS. We can see the master host sending 0x3d headers, but the slave never transmits its queued response.

After much investigation, it may be because the slave receives a further request prior to the previous response being sent; but this ought not result in the LIN stack's state machines being confused and then refusing to send any further response.

The versions of tools used are:

• S32 Design Studio 3.4 
  • S32 Design Studio Platform Package 3.4.3
  • S32 Design Studio Platform Tools Package 3.4.3
  • S32K1xx Development Package 3.4.1
  • S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.3

We have tried different versions of LIN 2.X and even J2602 (configured from LDF file); but nothing makes any difference.

Have we missed something really obvious....?

Kind regards

Gary Partis
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @partis,

As far as I know, this is an issue of LINSTACK (SDK release versions) that we found before. I have created a ticket about it(ASDK-41228). And I would also like to inform you that this issue has been resolved on the latest LINSTACK release which is provided with the RTD package

• S32K1/S32M24X: LINSTACK_S32K1_RTM_1.0.2_CD01
  • S32K3/S32M27X: LINSTACK_S32K3_RTM_2.0.3

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos