cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcontroller (S32K116F128M4) not Restarting after SW reset

Sumit1729
Contributor I

Hi,

i am trying to do Software reset my microcontroller and its happening too but, its not restarting, i am not getting what is happening, either it is getting in to sleep mode or something else, but microcontroller must restart after SW reset, correct me if i am wrong. Please help me out to find the solution, its very urgent for my project. Please see the image attached. #S32K116F128M4 #reset

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sumit,

this is a problem of the debugger. The debugger lost the connection due to reset, so it's necessary to establish the connection again if needed. You can follow solution in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/How-attach-to-running-program/m-p/1030375

If SW reset is triggered during debug session, the device is reset, the application loaded in flash starts over but you won't see that in the debugger. If further debugging is needed after reset, the only way is to connect the debugger again.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Sumit1729
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the swift reply.

This is not the problem of the debugger, i am also testing it after flashing the Microcontroller but it is behaving in same manner. i am sending LIN command to reset the Microcontroller, the controller is performing the SW reset as soon as it received the command to reset but after that it does not start over, the microcontroller is not responding to any other commands which i am sending after the reset command. i am getting no response message.

@lukaszadrapa 

thanks. 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In this case, you need to check what's the current state of the MCU and this can be done by attaching the debugger to a running target as mentioned in previous post. This is usual approach to solve such problem. Are you able to attach the debugger in this situation?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Sumit1729
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

No i cannot attach the debugger in the running state. Can you please tell me what you mean by current state of the MCU or please suggest the Register which i can observe to find the issue?

@lukaszadrapa 

Thanks, and Regards,

Sumit

0 Kudos

Sumit1729
Contributor I
one more thing, the MCU will be back to the running state or not after the SW reset is triggered? if yes, how? if not, why?
0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"Current state" - this has general meaning: you can check if the code hangs somewhere, you can check peripherals registers to see if clocks (and other features) are initialized etc.

Did you check the reset signal after SW reset? Is it deasserted after that? Or is it toggling in certain period?

Yes, the MCU will run after SW reset.

0 Kudos