已解决

Master Key

跳至解决方案
730 次查看
youxi
Contributor IV

Hello:

I have had two problems:

Is it NVM KEY after Master key is loaded?

Does ad update Master key need to know the original Master key?

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
721 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @youxi 

"Is it NVM KEY after Master key is loaded?"

- I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I can understand this question. Please try to reformulate it.

"Does ad update Master key need to know the original Master key?"

- Yes, it is required by SHE specification. You need to know the counter as well.

Regards,

Lukas

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数
722 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @youxi 

"Is it NVM KEY after Master key is loaded?"

- I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I can understand this question. Please try to reformulate it.

"Does ad update Master key need to know the original Master key?"

- Yes, it is required by SHE specification. You need to know the counter as well.

Regards,

Lukas

0 项奖励
回复
669 次查看
youxi
Contributor IV
Hi @lukaszadrapa
The index number of the counter is from 0 to 15. what does this index number represent. and whether the super user permission is required to read the counter value.
0 项奖励
回复
664 次查看
youxi
Contributor IV

This is the copied function in demo app but I can`t read the value to the counter

youxi_0-1689128424151.png

youxi_1-1689128448167.png

youxi_2-1689128465388.png

0 项奖励
回复
645 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This is something completely different.

SHE specification defines that each NVM key has a counter and it must be incremented for each update of a key. The keys can't be exported (RAM plain key is an exception) and also it is not possible to read the counter. It's up to user to know what the current counter is.

Mentioned monotonic counter is different feature. There are 16 monotonic counters (so index 0-15 is used to address them). It's not a feature related to SHE commands.

Regards,

Lukas

0 项奖励
回复