MCSPTE1AK144 kit with Encoder

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSPTE1AK144 kit with Encoder

Canberk
Contributor II

I have got MCSPTE1AK144 development kit and I want to use bldc motor with encoder. I changed encoder macro to 1 just like application note said but when ı run the program bldc motor didn't spin.

I tried to understand the pospe_sensor.c file and I saw there was two variable named MOTOR_PP_GAIN and MOTOR_PP_SHIFT that effects position value. What are those values, do I have to changed them or my problem could be something else?

thanks

I shared the screenshots of the variables that I talked about

3 Replies

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Canberk,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Just to be clear, are you basing it on the MCSPTE1AK144_PMSM_FOC_xSh example? Because in the example MCSPTE1AK144_BLDC_6Step is not implemented with an encoder.

I think the screenshots you are talking about were not attached, could you please attach them again?

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

Canberk
Contributor II

First off all thanks for answering and yes I am basing it on the MCSPTE1AK144_PMSM_FOC_2Sh example.

Screenshot 2022-12-14 133605.png

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi again @Canberk,

To use the MCSPTE1AK144 with encoder you must follow the Getting Started with the S32K144 BLDC/PMSM Development Kit.

In the Plug It In section, place DEVKIT-MOTORGD jumpers J9, J10, J11 to position 1-2 for PMSM application (Because only for PMSM application is the encoder function available, in this case MCSPTE1AK144_PMSM_FOC_2Sh).

In my case I left J8 open to establish a 5V voltage level for the encoder.

Connect the encoder to JP1 as shown in the following figure:

nxf86756_0-1671672332885.png

In the Build section, before clean, build, debug and load, change the ENCODER macro to 1 in the main source code.

nxf86756_1-1671672350159.png

Then in FreeMASTER, set the resolution of your encoder in the Sensors tab.

Finally, Start application and Set speed in the App Control tab, then in the Project Tree/Encoder Sensor/Speed you will be able to visualize the Speed Encoder in the dynamic graph.

Regarding the MOTOR_PP_GAIN and MOTOR_PP_SHIFT macros, you don't need to change them, since these are motor parameters, not encoder parameters.

Hope it helps you!

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos