cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINBUS MASTER COMMUNICATION EXAMPLE

yusufmekinapaydin
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I have an s32k118 EVB development board. I want to use the product I have as a MASTER and read the data from another product that is a slave. I tried the lin_master_baremetal_s32k118 example on the IDE, but I can't see any message flow even though I have defined the receiver and transmitter IDs. Is there anyone who can help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

do you have board powered by 12V and LIN Master jumper (J108) placed?
Also is any slave connected to the LIN bus?

The master example works in following way

- Press BUTTON 0 (SW2):
- For the first time, Master node sends FRAME_MASTER_RECEIVE_DATA header (PID=2) and require slave node responds by sending data (txBuff2={0x18, 0x17, 0x16, 0x15, 0x14, 0x13, 0x12, 0x11}).
- For the second time, Master sends FRAME_SLAVE_RECEIVE_DATA header (PID=1), then continue sending data (txBuff1={0x11, 0x12, 0x13, 0x14, 0x15, 0x16, 0x17, 0x18}) and slave node will receive the data.
- If node successful receives data, this node will turn on GREEN_LED, otherwise turn on RED_LED.
- Press BUTTON 1 (SW3):
- Master node will check current node state. If the state is LIN_NODE_STATE_SLEEP_MODE, Master node will send wakeup signal and BLUE_LED will be turned on both nodes, otherwise Master node will send header (PID=3) to set Master node and Slave node to sleep mode and all LED will be turned off both nodes.

So even if slave is not responding you should see LIN header or full LIN frame send by master on LIN line, assuming the first is valid (power supply & jumper).

BR, Petr

0 Kudos