cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S developement

MohitManvar
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using S32K142 microcontroller for our project.

project basically has sound generation feature and for sound we are using audio amplifier via I2C protocol and willing to implement I2S communication with it for sound transmission. 

So I need some sample code or Idea about how to configure I2S with I2C.

I also checked and go through SDK example but it is not feasible for me so if any example code or application code with you it will be fine for me.

Note: Audio amplifier IC is non-NXP product, if you suggest how to do this type of configuration it will be thankful !!

Thanks!!

Mohit

MohitManvar_0-1689167140071.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MohitManvar 

We have application note AN12202 which provide more details about SAI module and I2S:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12202.pdf

However, this applies only to S32K148. Other S32K1 devices do not have SAI module.

On other S32K1 devices, the I2S can be emulated by FlexIO module. In this case, we provide only mentioned examples in the SDK:

c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.3\examples\S32K142\driver_examples\communication\flexio_i2s_master\

c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.3\examples\S32K142\driver_examples\communication\flexio_i2s_slave\

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

MohitManvar
Contributor III
Hello @lukaszadrapa

Thanks for Info, but As I mentioned earlier that SDK example is not understandable for me so can you check and provide some other examples or any other I2S driver file.

that will be more helpful..

Thanks!!
Mohit Manvar
0 Kudos