How to use S32K3X4EVB-T172 as a debugger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use S32K3X4EVB-T172 as a debugger

db_1008
Contributor I

I have an S32K3X4EVB-T172 development board which has an onboard debugger.
I want to use this as a debugger for my custom board which has a NXP S32K344 controller.
The  S32K3X4EVB -T172  board has an openSDA port. I tried to program via this port but was not able to program. 

Do I need to do any jumper settings? If you have any document or thread regarding this please share with me as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @db_1008,

in-built OpenSDA interface on the EVB board is not supposed to be used for other boards. For debugging purposes, it is possible to use probes from PEmicro or Segger. These are compatible with S32DS:

The Multilink devices are available also directly on our website:

There is a community post referring to this issue, where it's said that connecting two boards through the SWD connector both are programmed: Solved: Eval board as debugger - NXP Community.

I believe this is possible with J-Link since the OpenSDA FW has an identification feature with the CPU ID, this leads to a "mismatch error". Please look at the following community post: Can't flash elf to S32K146Q100 by OpenSDA - NXP Community.

It is recommended to use an external debugger to try to program a custom board instead.

Besst regards,
Julián

0 Kudos