How to unlock the chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock the chip

cychen88
Contributor II

When I enable the chip security function.0x400-0x40F will be change  Flash security byte = 1, JTAG/SWD will closed. If the product has problems and returns to the factory, I want to remove JTAG restrictions. What methods can I use to temporarily unlock or permanently unlock, so as to read flash. FSLACC:Factory Failure Analysis Access Code How to use this function.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kef2
Senior Contributor V

Temporary access is possible by the means of FW running on chip. Verify Backdoor Access Key flash command should be used for that. You can't trigger it via JTAG, only FW can do that. You communicate over some interface to FW "let me unsecure it" and FW should issue Verify Backdoor Access Key command. Of course not possible when FW is dead. 

Mass erase is another option. S32DS debugger should ask you automatically to unsecure (mass erase) on attempt to connect to unsecured chip. Unfortunately if CSEc is used you won't be able to recover this way chip with dead FW:

kef2_0-1659594508102.png

0 Kudos

cychen88
Contributor II

Thank 。To reuse the JTAG interface, the chip must be restored to the unsecure mode through mass erase  before it can be reused. Is that right?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

About which device are you asking?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

cychen88
Contributor II

S32K148