How to interpret a CAN message from the bus using CAN communication document..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interpret a CAN message from the bus using CAN communication document..

Jump to solution
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hello there,

i am trying to interface a CAN node (BMS) to the bus and using a other node (VCU) to process the data to actuate few LEDS based on the message. This is the target statement. 

I know how a CAN communicates in theory.  But in i need help in understanding the following message frame from the BMS CAN node

CAN message.JPG

And also please suggest how can i access this data using a s32k144 with S32DS IDE. 

Thank You.

I know this question is very vague. please ask me if anynoe require more detail explaination to understadn the question and help me. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@akhilranga

when you receive a frame with ID 0x03ABDCEF,the data length = 1,and data value = 0x0E,then you need to send a frame with ID 0x03ABDCEF,the data length = 8,and you need to fill data area  according to the data format.

Senlent_0-1666057877234.png

I suggest you use CAN-Tool,for example:P-CAN or CANoe to test the frames send and received by each node first, and then combine them to test their functions.

for CAN FD setting, you can refer to the demo: flexcan_encrypted_s32k144,

flexcan_data_info_t dataInfo =
{
.data_length = 8U,
.msg_id_type = FLEXCAN_MSG_ID_EXT,
.enable_brs = true,
.fd_enable = true,
.fd_padding = 0U,
.is_remote = 0U
};

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@akhilranga

when you receive a frame with ID 0x03ABDCEF,the data length = 1,and data value = 0x0E,then you need to send a frame with ID 0x03ABDCEF,the data length = 8,and you need to fill data area  according to the data format.

Senlent_0-1666057877234.png

I suggest you use CAN-Tool,for example:P-CAN or CANoe to test the frames send and received by each node first, and then combine them to test their functions.

for CAN FD setting, you can refer to the demo: flexcan_encrypted_s32k144,

flexcan_data_info_t dataInfo =
{
.data_length = 8U,
.msg_id_type = FLEXCAN_MSG_ID_EXT,
.enable_brs = true,
.fd_enable = true,
.fd_padding = 0U,
.is_remote = 0U
};

0 Kudos