How to configure the CMU module using S32DS and EBtresos tool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the CMU module using S32DS and EBtresos tool?

Jump to solution
Pusoy
Contributor III

Hi,

I am currently in need of using the CMU module and while reading the CMU_FC and CMU_FM sections under the Safety chapter of the S32K3XXRM manual, I discovered the following:

1. For CMU_FC, it requires configuration as shown in the image.

Pusoy_0-1701048944750.png

2. For CMU_FM, it requires configuration as shown in the image.

Pusoy_1-1701048952415.png

However, I couldn't find the corresponding configuration options in the MCAL Configuration Tool in S32DS. There are only options for enabling and configuring interrupts in the MCU configuration section. Could you please guide me on how to change these related register values in the configuration tool?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. These values are not the configured values on the configuration tool. The driver will calculate these values based on the instructions in RM (chapter Programming guidelines), then these values will be written to registers.

2. Mainly, the way to configure CMU is slightly different than on EBtresos. It should be configured

in Clock tool:

CongDang_0-1701774500959.png

3. I guess you'll have to read the RM and do the configuration directly on the registers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In RTD product, only CMU_FC is supported by MCU driver. CMU_FM is not supported.

In EBtresos, you can find the configuration on McuClockSettingConfig->McuClkMonitor

In S32DS, you can refer to the topic https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K1-KEA-Internal-Community/Question-about-S32K118-CMU-with-RTD-operat...

0 Kudos
Pusoy
Contributor III

Thank you for your response, but I still have three more questions.

1. In the configuration options you provided, there are still no configuration options for the two registers mentioned in the manual.

Pusoy_0-1701160290303.jpeg

Pusoy_1-1701160300815.jpeg

2. The hyperlink you provided for the configuration in S32DS cannot be opened.

Pusoy_2-1701160538720.png

3. RTD products do not support CMU_FM, so how should we users use it?

0 Kudos
CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. These values are not the configured values on the configuration tool. The driver will calculate these values based on the instructions in RM (chapter Programming guidelines), then these values will be written to registers.

2. Mainly, the way to configure CMU is slightly different than on EBtresos. It should be configured

in Clock tool:

CongDang_0-1701774500959.png

3. I guess you'll have to read the RM and do the configuration directly on the registers.

0 Kudos