How to configure a input trigger for LPSPI in s32k ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a input trigger for LPSPI in s32k ?

Guna
Contributor I

Our project is configured/developed using EB Tresos.

Our idea is that there is a slave and when it wants to communicate with the master(our MCU). It will set a GPIO pin as high. So the master must do the data transfers as long as this pin is high. How to do this?

What are the important troubles that we may have to look for? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Guna,

Which version of the RTD drivers do you have?

Spi Host Request feature is not supported in RTD 3.0.0 but it is supported in RTD 4.0.0.

Refer to the RTD_SPI_UM.pdf

Section 3.6.11 How to configure to use Spi Host Request feature.

...\SW32K3_S32M27x_RTD_R21-11_4.0.0\eclipse\plugins\Spi_TS_T40D34M40I0R0\doc\

S32DS installation directory:

c:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3\RTD\Spi_TS_T40D34M40I0R0\doc\

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Guna
Contributor I

We are using 3.0.0 only. Any method u know on how to configure GPIO SPI interrupt request(Or Host req feature) in s32k358 . Presently we are configuring ICU driver for interrupt but the drawback is after every data transfer we have to manually look using software whether that GPIO is high, if yes again do the data transfer or end the transfer. In HREQ, i believe this part is totally handled by hardware.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Guna,

Yes, the LPSPI module supports HW HREQ.

You can refer to the RTD 4.0.0 SPI driver.

We don't have any GPIO solution for that, but you could enable interrupts of both edges.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Guna
Contributor I

Hi @danielmartynek 

I have another query. I wanted to test SPI is working or not. So, I configured one of our boards as slave and another same board as master. But while configuring I encountered a problem in EBTresos saying Slave can only work in asynchronous transmission. So, I configured slave in Asynchronous mode. Please note that master is our main board it has to be synchronous mode and we configured slave to just test the master.

Two queries: -

1. Can we configure LPSPI as slave in synchronous mode? 

2. If not, then if we connect master and slave together--will it work(as the parameters are same only in master and slave, i only changed SpiPhyUnitMode from master to Slave and Unchecked SpiPhyUnitSync in Slave side)?

We are using S32K3 Real-Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 & R21-11 Version 3.0.0.

N.B refer image attached for reference.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please create a new thread if the question is not on the original subject of this thread.

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos