cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read value of RCM_SRS?

Prima
Contributor I

Hello there:

Currently I ran into a problem that I don't know how to read the reasons of reset on S32K144. Before post this question, I have read the manual of "Chapter 26 Reset Control Module (RCM)". But I can't find the examples of RCM in SD2.0(there are adc,RTC,PWM,FTM and so on), and I haven't find when will MCU clean the values of RCM register. So I am finding help here to get some examples about RCM.

My question or needing list:

1.examples of RCM particularly about reading SRS;

2. when will MCU clean the values of RCM register, if I have to clean it by myself could you send some examples?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Prima
Contributor I

Yes, it helps a lot and thank you very much! 

But here I still have some questions:

1.before I read data from the SRS register, I have to set SRIE register first, and SRIE will reset after POR, so I need to set SRIE register every time at MCU init period, right?

2.after I get the value from SRS register, I am wondering when will the value in SRS register reset? Is that depending on the DELAY[bit0-bit1] Bit in SRIE register(In the example project both bit0 and Bit1 are 1, so it is 514 LPO cycles)? Or I need to clean the value in SRS from SSRS register by w1c?

Looking forward for your reply, Thanks!

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is no need to set the SRIE bits.

This is needed only if you want to use the RCM interrupt to delay the reset.

As Diana mentioned, the SRS register is a read-only register.

You can refer to this example:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K-Knowledge-Base/Example-S32K116-WDOG-Fast-Test/ta-p/1103420

The SRS register is read in startup_S32K116.c file (test_WDOG() function).

Unlike the SRS register status bits, the SSRS flags can be cleared.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is Example S32K144 WDOG RCM interrupt:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K-Knowledge-Base/Example-S32K144-WDOG-RCM-interrupt/ta-p/1107039

The SRS is read-only. "The reset state of these bits depends on what caused the MCU to reset." When you use this example you can see that the reset is caused by WDOG.

dianabatrlova_0-1603700335842.png

I hope it helps.

Diana

0 Kudos