Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmac_IP_InitDMA returns GMAC_STATUS_TIMEOUT

Jump to solution
the_chuck77
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to initialize the Gmac on the s32k324.

I am basing my program off of the example code "MR_CANHUB3_IEEE1722", which runs fine on our s32k344 demo board.

When initializing the Gmac, it is getting stuck in a do()-while loop after attempting to provide a software reset (lines 405-414):

the_chuck77_0-1710779376105.png

I have configured all of the proper pins to have their respective GMAC uses. As well as ensured the driver configurations are the same as in the example project.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong to cause this to not succeed, does anyone have any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it can be due to the S32K3 EMAC lacks of RMII reference clock. It should be provided by the external PHY/MAC chip or external clock (50MHz) after power up. Please check this clock on your board, to be sure of correct connection between S32K3 RMII reference clock pin and the clock source.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it can be due to the S32K3 EMAC lacks of RMII reference clock. It should be provided by the external PHY/MAC chip or external clock (50MHz) after power up. Please check this clock on your board, to be sure of correct connection between S32K3 RMII reference clock pin and the clock source.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
the_chuck77
Contributor II

This was the issue, our PHY was not outputting the reference clock prior to attempting to initialize.

0 Kudos