cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash FW of other devices via CAN bus of S32K146

chwaitang
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on using S32K146 with its 1MB program flash as follows: 1) Using its CAN/UART bootloader as a common entry point to download and store the program F/W FOR OTHER DEVICES/MODULES which communicates with S32K MCU solely via CAN. The other devices are such On-board charger (OBC) and Vehicular Controller Unit (VCU) on board an electric vehicle. My intent is to download and store the F/W image for the above modules via bootloader on the S32K146. So the starting address to store the downloaded image must be greater than the end of program code of the S32K146 application. Then the application running on S32K MCU will receive a command (via UART or CAN) to transmit the downloaded F/W image stored in its program flash to other modules via CAN interface. As such, I would like to have sample source code for RappID bootloader program and application note to reference for this purpose. (The download link for RappID bootloader in previous post is unavailable or dead).

Please advise.

Thanks and best regards

Roy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Roy,

I think that application note AN12323 is what you are looking for:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12323.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12323SW.zip

The demo consists of two project  - project for host/gateway device and second project for device which will be updated by the bootloader.

New image is stored in host/gateway device. So, you just need to add a functionality which will load new image from somewhere to the flash.

Rappid bootloader does not support this approach, AN12323 should fit your needs.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Narudol-T
Contributor III

Hi @lukaszadrapa ,

I also really want some example project for bootloader.

I saw that you also support both S32K144 & MPC5744p.

Can you help send me the Project_Files of both devices ?

I opened Ticket as these number 00471482 & 00471483 accordingly.

Best regards,

Narudol T.

0 Kudos

chwaitang
Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I will read up and get back to you!

Thank You!

Chee Wai

0 Kudos

chwaitang
Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

I try to import S32K146 fota gateway and bootloader project in S32DS workspace. I get the following error when I try to build. Also, Project>Generate Processor Expert code gives the following error: Cannot generate, No active project selected in Project panel.

I am using S32DS v2.2 for ARM (with V2.2 update 1 installed). I also cannot select SDK for both projects under Project Properties > SDK tab.

I have used S32_SDK_S32K1xxd RTM3.0.0 (one of newer SDK installed) with both my S32K146 EVB boards before for sample projects with no problem but in this case, the debug column in the  SDKs window show a spanner with diagonal red line across it (not available?)

Also, what is appropriate SDK to use for both projects and how to add the SDK to the project?

Please advise

Thanks and Best Regards

Chee Wai

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I can see that the projects were created in older S32 Design Studio 2018 R1.

However, I was able to import and compile it also in version 2.2. I just selected:

File -> Import

General -> Existing Projects into Workspace

Then add the directory and click on Finish. This should work, I can't see any problem here.

No SDK is used in these projects.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

chwaitang
Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

Thanks! Am able to build both bootloader and gateway projects.

Best regards

Chee Wai

0 Kudos