Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS26 RTD - FS0B pin release at start-up

Jump to solution
pagdav
Contributor III

Dear all,

in the function Sbc_fs26_ExitDebugMode()defined in the file .\RTD\src\CDD_Sbc_fs26.c (S32K3XX FS26 AUTOSAR R21-11 Version 3.0.0), the function Sbc_fs26_ReleaseSequence() is called even if the device is not in Debug Mode. Since the call to the function Sbc_fs26_ExitDebugMode() cannot be excluded from execution, I get the FS0B pin released at the end of start-up.

Thank you for your support.

@pagdav

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pagdav
Contributor III

I opened a ticket to NXP support and I received the response. The recognized issue has been resolved in the FS26 RTD driver version FS26 SBC AUTOSAR R21-11 Version 4.0.0 CD01.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
pagdav
Contributor III

Hi @guoweisun,

I would like to not release the FS0B pin at start-up (NORMAL mode), but using the RTD drivers I always get FS0B released. This is due to the Sbc_fs26_ExitDebugMode() function which cannot be excluded from execution in the function Sbc_fs26_NormalFSSequence().

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Before enter into normal mode you have to release FS0B/FS1B.

0 Kudos
pagdav
Contributor III

I would like to not enter automatically in NORMAL MODE at start-up. I need to enter in NORMAL mode when I receive i CAN message, using the function Sbc_fs26_ReleaseSequence() to release both pins.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Could you please let me know which status the SBC in before receive CAN message?

0 Kudos
pagdav
Contributor III

The SBC should be in the status "Safety Outputs asserted" (Figure 14 - Simplified functional state diagram).

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Seems in that state can't enter normal mode by CAN message

guoweisun_0-1717746053266.png

0 Kudos
pagdav
Contributor III

Dear @guoweisun,

my request is:

I would like to switch manually from "Safety Outputs asserted" state to "Fail-Safe normal state" state using the function Sbc_fs26_ReleaseSequence().

In the actual RTD driver, the switch from "Safety Outputs asserted" state to "Fail-Safe normal state" state is automatic at the end of start-up.

Functions call sequence:

Sbc_fs26_InitDevice() -> Sbc_fs26_NormalFSSequence() -> Sbc_fs26_ExitDebugMode() -> Sbc_fs26_ReleaseSequence()

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You should refer to below flow chart whatever manually or automatically enter into normal mode from the Safety Outputs asserted state.

guoweisun_0-1718116020478.png

0 Kudos
pagdav
Contributor III

I can't do it manually because it is done automatically by the function Sbc_fs26_InitDevice().

Please, check the code of the function Sbc_fs26_InitDevice() before to answer.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately I can't code to you about manual step to release FSXB then enter into normal mode,what I can do for you is provide the flow chart ,you have to do it by yourself,if don't fully understand the steps please let me know.

0 Kudos
pagdav
Contributor III

The function Sbc_fs26_InitDevice() is implemented in the RTD driver, auto-generated by NXP S32DS. I can't modify the RTD driver.

0 Kudos
pagdav
Contributor III

I opened a ticket to NXP support and I received the response. The recognized issue has been resolved in the FS26 RTD driver version FS26 SBC AUTOSAR R21-11 Version 4.0.0 CD01.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

If I understand your questions correctly, you don't need enter into debug mode and exist into debug mode.

You can see below flow chart of SBC,if you don't use emulation mode,you can skip this and after release RSTB directly enter into INIT mode.

guoweisun_1-1717740619485.png

0 Kudos