cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while updating S32K3 RTD v3.0.0 P01 HF01

rlunagariya
Contributor I

Dear team,

At present, our project uses S32K3 RTD v2.0.3 + EB tresos v28.2.

Since there is an update released for S32K3 RTD v3.0.0 P01 HF01, we are trying to update the current RTD to this latest version with EB tresos v29.

During this process, we have encountered several errors mentioned below,

Sr. No.Tool/softwareError descriptionRequired support from NXP
13rdPartyMcalIntegrationHelper v3.8.0.1

The tool is reporting errors while selecting the updated RTD package to integrate.

Upon taking a closer look at the error log, it was found that the tool was looking for files inside the Base folder which is non-existent as per the new directory structure introduced as part of the release of v3.0.0

We tried a workaround by modifying MIPconfig.xml file to point to the BaseNXP folder instead of the Base folder but this led to a few more errors

1. arxml and xml files generated inside BSWMD and GeneratorMsr folders by the 3rdPartyMcalIntegrationHelper tool do not contain the new path
  2. Base.arxml file is not generated

For now, we have manually fixed the path and have manually generated Base.arxml file

Could you please help how to work with the new folder structure and the 3rdPartyMcalIntegrationHelper tool to automatically integrate the new RTD package and generate the required configuration files

DaVinci Configurator Classic v5.25.50 SP5

After the project load, we encountered multiple errors stating  the following

1. The value of the enumeration parameter PortPinMode is not in the list of allowed ones for ADC, CAN, eMIOS peripherals
  2. Parsing file "Mcal_S32k\Supply\tresos\plugins\Adc_TS_T40D34M30I0R0/generate_PB/Adc_RegOperations.m (signed)", line "2514"
    The XPath-expression "text:replace(text:toupper(num:inttohex(AdcSelfTestThresholdConfiguration/AdcSTAW0RSelfTestHighThresholdValue)), 'X', 'x')" caused an error: (2185) Cannot parse value "" to an int-value
  3. For all port pins of the MCU, we are encountering an error as McuPeripheralResetEnable(value=false) cannot be
  4. The parameter /ActiveEcuC/Mcl/MclConfig/EmiosCommon_0/
    EmiosMclMasterBus_0A[0:EmiosMclMasterBusNumber](value=23) with
    configuration type Numerical is not compatible with the definition type
    ENUMERATION.
When we upgraded from RTD v2.0.0 to v2.3.0, there were no errors of this nature were reported. Could you please tell me if I am missing anything during the RTD package update or do we need to re-configure the MCU pins and peripherals as part of this update?

Please let me know if there are other details required from my end.

Thank you in advance for extending your support.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

rlunagariya
Contributor I

Hi @cuongnguyenphu,

Thank you for looking in to this subject.
I dug a bit further and realized that apart from the folder structure change for Base to BaseNXP, the folder structure is also changed for CAN component and I suspect this might be the cause of the pin configuration error.
Hence, as first step, I shall check with 3rdPartyMcalIntegrationHelper tool provider for the tool update to support the new RTD package and re-do the integration process with the new tool, and then if the error persists, I shall request support here.
Again, thank you very much for looking into this.

0 Kudos

cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @rlunagariya 
1. For your 1st question 3rdPartyMcalIntegrationHelper. I think you should contact provider of this tool to get the guide to do your request. From NXP we don't provide the support for 3rd Party tool
2. I check some error points you reported, the reason for this is because these nodes is defined by NXP but not Autosar compliant, so there're some changes between RTD 2.0.0 and RTD 3.0.0 P01.
In this case you must manually re-configure these error nodes.
There's only your question "

1. The value of the enumeration parameter PortPinMode is not in the list of allowed ones for ADC, CAN, eMIOS peripherals

" I don't really understand about it, can you send to me the .xdm of these fail modules, and the error snapshot also

0 Kudos