cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM Emulation on S32K12 Controller

Rahul3
Contributor I

Rahul3_0-1701321145116.png

i want to use to D flash memory of s32k312 controller as a EEPROM Emulation where i found this doc from NXP website which is s32k3 memory guide 3.2 Write or program section 2nd paragraph 4th line where i can see the statement like "When data Flash is used for EEPROM emulation, approved drivers by NXP can do an over programming in a 64 bit ECC segment, this allows to over-program the same location up to 3 times without performing an erase operation in the sector " could anyone explain it please more clearly because i want to use it as eeprom now where i want to write /read individual byte is this possible and how to use it (drivers/sdk )supported ? #S32K3 #EEPROM

Thanks,

rahul

0 Kudos
2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

On this device there EEPROM is emulated by SW in the data flash. For understanding the principle I could recommend following appnote (although written for different platform, the principle is the same): https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4868.pdf

Driver and example project you may find in S32DS, it is called Fee_Example_S32K3xx.

In the installation directory, you may also find user manual for Flash EEPROM emulation driver:
c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3_2021_10\SW32K3_RTD_4_4_1_0_0_D2110\Fee_TS_T40D34M10I0R0\doc\

I would strongly recommend to use our driver.

0 Kudos

Riyasma07
Contributor III

Hi @davidtosenovjan,

Looks like Fee driver is Autosar based. Is Fee is available without autosar??

0 Kudos