Does S32K144EVB-Q100 OpenSDA Serial port support send/receive break conditions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does S32K144EVB-Q100 OpenSDA Serial port support send/receive break conditions?

Jump to solution
PYGC
Contributor II

I want to use the opensda serial port to control S32K144EVB-Q100, and send break conditidion to re-initialize system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PYGC 

MK20, which is the MCU that has the OpenSDA FW and the S32K1 in terms of UART support:

S32K1 -> optional 13-bit break character generation / 11-bit break character detection and programmable 1-bit or 2-bit stop bits.

MK20 -> 13-bit break character option and 1 stop bit.

That said, it should be possible, but I do not guarantee functionality since it is not a functionality we offer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PYGC 

OpenSDA is a debugging/programming interface.

Could you explain what you mean by this part: "send break condition to re-initialize system"?

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos
PYGC
Contributor II

What I mean is whether the virtual serial port on OpenSDA supports sending or receiving Break signal, Break is a continuous low level (> 12 bits of data).

Also the virtual serial port on the S32K144EVB does not seem to support two stop bits.

PYGC_0-1680596157522.png

0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PYGC 

MK20, which is the MCU that has the OpenSDA FW and the S32K1 in terms of UART support:

S32K1 -> optional 13-bit break character generation / 11-bit break character detection and programmable 1-bit or 2-bit stop bits.

MK20 -> 13-bit break character option and 1 stop bit.

That said, it should be possible, but I do not guarantee functionality since it is not a functionality we offer.

0 Kudos
PYGC
Contributor II

OK, I tried but it didn't work, thank you.

0 Kudos