Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Hex and Hex Integer

Jump to solution
skseofh
Contributor II

Hi

I'm using S32 Design Studio for ARM.

In Debug mode, Memory Monitor can show memory value in many ways like Floating Point, Traditional...

skseofh_0-1602025644970.png

But I can't understand the difference between Hex and Hex Integer.

The value in two mode seems different.

Could you explain why those are different?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, the difference is in the shown endianness.

ARM is a little endian core. If you store varibale 'AABBCCDD', the data are stored in the memory as 'DDCCBBAA' if you present addresses from left to right and from up an down i.e. the same way as written text or how memory dump window in the design studio. It is HEX format.

HEX INTEGER shows it in reverse as 'AABBCCDD' that is presentation like originally stored data. It could be useful with the debug but you must take into account that presented byte ordering is actually incorrect.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, the difference is in the shown endianness.

ARM is a little endian core. If you store varibale 'AABBCCDD', the data are stored in the memory as 'DDCCBBAA' if you present addresses from left to right and from up an down i.e. the same way as written text or how memory dump window in the design studio. It is HEX format.

HEX INTEGER shows it in reverse as 'AABBCCDD' that is presentation like originally stored data. It could be useful with the debug but you must take into account that presented byte ordering is actually incorrect.