Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Examples s32k344

Jump to solution
AchrafOukheir
Contributor III

Hello All,

I’m working with the HVBMS RDK344BMU and trying to set up CAN communication. I’ve found a loopback example Can_Example_S32K344 , but I need to modify it for normal mode. Specifically, I want to observe the output on the CAN bus (VCU CAN).

Here are the steps I’ve taken so far:

Initialized the port . doing all routing :CAN0TX +CAN0RX + SPIS5 PCS2
Configured pins for VCU Can.
Set up the CAN: Disable loopback.
Tried transmitting data.

AchrafOukheir_0-1715883887415.png

However, I’m not getting the expected results. Could someone guide me on how to modify the example for normal mode and troubleshoot the issue?
the CAN is always busy

AchrafOukheir_1-1715883943436.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AchrafOukheir,

Please help me confirming if your CAN analyzer instance inside the logic analyzer is set to the correct baud rate:

Julin_AragnM_0-1716404217638.png

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AchrafOukheir,

Could you share how you are measuring the output? Are you using an oscilloscope/logic analyzer or a CAN Analyzer? 

Keep in mind that for user/normal mode a second node (another MCU or CAN Analyzer) must be connected to the bus line. You can use Example S32K344 FlexCAN_Ip TX/RX/EnhanceRXFIFO test S32DS3.4 RTD200 as reference for configuration.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos
AchrafOukheir
Contributor III

Hi Julián,

Thank you for your prompt response! I appreciate your assistance.

Regarding measuring the output, I am currently using a logic analyzer. Initially, I attempted to work with the VCU CAN, but encountered issues out put always LOW. Consequently, I switched to the CMU and BJB CANs, which provided some output visible in the logic analyzer.

AchrafOukheir_0-1716382667619.png

However, I’ve noticed that the measured output consists of error messages. Do you have any insights into why this might be happening? Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.
its the same main code of the Can_example , you can see that on the zip attached

Best regards, Achraf

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AchrafOukheir,

Please help me confirming if your CAN analyzer instance inside the logic analyzer is set to the correct baud rate:

Julin_AragnM_0-1716404217638.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos