Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader and APP image

Jump to solution
arkadyosh
Contributor III

Hello,
I have two projects, bootloader and main app and I need to flash both into uC. The best way will be
create/merge two flash images into one and program uC, is it possible from motorola s-record? how?
At this mooment I use FRDMPK144-Q100 with uC mask 0N77P, is it possible to flash it with RAppID Boot Loader Utility?

Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If I understand you correctly you have a custom bootloader + application and now you are trying to program it into your FRDM board, right?

Since your App + bootloader should not overlap in the flash memory you can either manually merge srecord files into a single srecord file.

Other approach is to link generated binary (e.g.bootloader) with application to create a single elf/srec.

With FRDMPK144-Q10 board you can easily program the created S-record using OpenSDA - Mass Storage Device (MSD).

Just plug the board via USB cable and EVB-S32144 removable storage should appear.

Then easily drag&drop your srecord file into this drive and it gets programmed.

pastedImage_2.png

RAppID Bootloader could be used but I don't quite understand why you'd need another bootloader in your project if you have a custom one already?

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If I understand you correctly you have a custom bootloader + application and now you are trying to program it into your FRDM board, right?

Since your App + bootloader should not overlap in the flash memory you can either manually merge srecord files into a single srecord file.

Other approach is to link generated binary (e.g.bootloader) with application to create a single elf/srec.

With FRDMPK144-Q10 board you can easily program the created S-record using OpenSDA - Mass Storage Device (MSD).

Just plug the board via USB cable and EVB-S32144 removable storage should appear.

Then easily drag&drop your srecord file into this drive and it gets programmed.

pastedImage_2.png

RAppID Bootloader could be used but I don't quite understand why you'd need another bootloader in your project if you have a custom one already?

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos
arkadyosh
Contributor III

Hi,
Thanks for reply Stan.
Yes, I have custom bootloader and app. I merge both srecord files and copy it to "evb drive", everything work well.
I dont need second bootloader, just wonder how to flash both bootloader and app into uC.

Regards
Arkadiusz

0 Kudos