Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic K-Line Question

Jump to solution
NewbieNerd
Contributor III

Hello, S32K Team!

I have a basic question. On the S32K312-EVB board, a TJA1021HG LIN transceiver is installed.

I would like to use this transceiver for K-Line communication.
If I directly configure the LPUART, which is physically connected to the LIN Transceiver, without setting up the LIN Module in S32DS, will the signals be transmitted and received through the Lin Transceiver?

Furthermore, if transmission and reception are possible, could I use LPUART to change the baud rate through a 5 baud initialization without a power off-on cycle?

And  I want to maintain a low signal on the LPUART for more than 25ms. Is there a way to do this?

Regard

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @NewbieNerd 

If I directly configure the LPUART, which is physically connected to the LIN Transceiver, without setting up the LIN Module in S32DS, will the signals be transmitted and received through the Lin Transceiver?

- Yes.

Furthermore, if transmission and reception are possible, could I use LPUART to change the baud rate through a 5 baud initialization without a power off-on cycle?

- The baud rate can be changed in runtime but only when both the transmitter and receiver are disabled. Power off-on cycle is not necessary.

And I want to maintain a low signal on the LPUART for more than 25ms. Is there a way to do this?

- if break character is not enough, an option is to reconfigure TX pin to GPIO, toggle GPIO as needed and then configure the pin back to TX function.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @NewbieNerd 

- Yes.

- The baud rate can be changed in runtime but only when both the transmitter and receiver are disabled. Power off-on cycle is not necessary.

And I want to maintain a low signal on the LPUART for more than 25ms. Is there a way to do this?

- if break character is not enough, an option is to reconfigure TX pin to GPIO, toggle GPIO as needed and then configure the pin back to TX function.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos