About DSP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About DSP

letseatorange
Contributor III

In this MCU integrated DSP, I would like to know how we can use it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

robertboys
Contributor IV

Hello

Cortex-M4 does not have a DSP engine as such - but rather DSP instructions.

ARM provides free DSP libraries.  They are called CMSIS-DSP.  Documentation is here:  CMSIS DSP Software Library 

Sources and examples are provided.  If you get the free evaluation version of Keil MDK:  You can download and play with the examples.  www.keil.com/NXP  and ARM Version 5.23 Evaluation Software Request 

CMSIS-DSP is stored on GitHub here:  https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5

There is support for Keil, GCC, IAR (this might come from IAR ?) and Cosmic (Cosmic Software - ARM Cortex Products )

CMSIS-DSP has an Apache 2.0 license so is really free.

RTX RTOS is another free offering from ARM.  RTX has a BSD  (new RTX 5 has the Apache 2.0 license) - it is also on GitHub and inside Keil MDK).  Sources are provided as well.

There are ports for Keil, GCC, Cosmic and IAR plus maybe others I don't know about.

See RTX Implementation for more information on RTX.

Hope this helps.

Bob Boys

ARM

0 Kudos

letseatorange
Contributor III

I would like to know how to transplant CMSIS library to S32DS 

0 Kudos

robertboys
Contributor IV

Hello

I have ported our usual DSP example (created by Bruno Coppi in Italy) to the S32K-144 using Keil uVision.

The Keil DSP project files are here along with the latest version of the S32K lab:

www.keil.com/appnotes/docs/apnt_299.asp    See page 23 in the lab.

You can use the evaluation version MDK Lite to try this program out.  It is free and not time-bombed.

www.keil.com/mdk5/install

This is a working example that you can see how Bruno put it together and using this, you ought to be able to port it to any tools of your choice.  For S32DS I assume you will need one of the DSP GCC libraries (or the source files).

They are here:  C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS\5.0.1\CMSIS\Lib\GCC and on GitHub.

Use OpenSDA in CMSIS-DAP mode or with any Keil ULINK or Segger J-Link for best results.  Directions are in the lab to configure and use these features.

Thanks

Bob Boys

ARM

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This question has been answered in your second thread on DSP.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

letseatorange
Contributor III

I would like to know how to transplant CMSIS library to S32DS ,THANKS

0 Kudos