Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC in S32K324

Jump to solution
hemanths
Contributor III

Hi,

In S32K324, I came to know that there are 72 ADC Channels (Standard & Precision) from the reference manual. I am attaching the screenshot of the relevant part. 

hemanths_0-1676112656799.png

In the signal table excel of S32K324, I can see some ADC are assigned to two different pins. For example in the below mentioned screenshot ADC0_S9 is there in both J17 and B14.

So Can I use these J17 and B14 for two different analog inputs?

hemanths_1-1676113110096.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi hemanths,

Please read "59.1.7 ADC mux-mode channels" of S32K3XXRM: 
There are some channels in ADC which are driven by multiple pads. For this, GPR bits from DCM are used to define which pad is connected to a particular ADC channel.

You may need to modify the value of the register before sampling to reselect the corresponding pin.

59.1.7 ADC mux-mode channels.png

If you are using S32K3 RTD, please also note the information mentioned in this post: S32K3_ADC_Channcal_configure_problem

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hemanths
Contributor III

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your explanation.

I have one more doubt. What is the difference between ADC_X & ADC_MA? 

hemanths_0-1676267809473.png

From this sheet, I came to know that it is input & output. Can you please explain a bit more about ADC_X & ADC_MA. 

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi hemanths,

Please read "59.1.7 ADC mux-mode channels" of S32K3XXRM: 
There are some channels in ADC which are driven by multiple pads. For this, GPR bits from DCM are used to define which pad is connected to a particular ADC channel.

You may need to modify the value of the register before sampling to reselect the corresponding pin.

59.1.7 ADC mux-mode channels.png

If you are using S32K3 RTD, please also note the information mentioned in this post: S32K3_ADC_Channcal_configure_problem

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos