Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32g2 goldvip bitbake failure with openjdk

Jump to solution
Juin0223
Contributor I

hi, 

I am trying to build the goldvip 1.8.0 release by following the user manual and passed most of the package build. However, openjdk will always fail as below. 

WARNING: /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/sources/meta-java/recipes-core/openjdk/openjdk-8-native_272.bb:do_fetch is tainted from a forced run                                                                                                                                                               | ETA:  0:00:01
WARNING: /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/sources/meta-alb/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-s32_2020.04.bb:do_compile is tainted from a forced run
WARNING: /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/sources/meta-alb/recipes-kernel/pfe/pfe-slave_1.0.0.bb:do_compile is tainted from a forced run
Initialising tasks: 100% |##############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:05
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Sstate summary: Wanted 110 Found 0 Missed 110 Current 3078 (0% match, 96% complete)
NOTE: Executing Tasks
WARNING: openjdk-8-native-272-r0 do_fetch: Checksum mismatch for local file /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-jdk8u272-ga.tar.bz2
Cleaning and trying again.
WARNING: openjdk-8-native-272-r0 do_fetch: Renaming /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-jdk8u272-ga.tar.bz2 to /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-jdk8u272-ga.tar.bz2_bad-checksum_e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
WARNING: openjdk-8-272-r0 do_fetch: Checksum mismatch for local file /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-aarch64-shenandoah-jdk8u272-b10.tar.bz2
Cleaning and trying again.
WARNING: openjdk-8-272-r0 do_fetch: Renaming /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-aarch64-shenandoah-jdk8u272-b10.tar.bz2 to /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-aarch64-shenandoah-jdk8u272-b10.tar.bz2_bad-checksum_e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
WARNING: init-ifupdown-1.0-r7 do_patch: Fuzz detected:

Applying patch 0002-enable-pfe-slave-interfaces.patch
patching file interfaces
Hunk #1 succeeded at 5 with fuzz 1 (offset -8 lines).

The context lines in the patches can be updated with devtool:

devtool modify init-ifupdown
    devtool finish --force-patch-refresh init-ifupdown <layer_path>

Don't forget to review changes done by devtool!

WARNING: init-ifupdown-1.0-r7 do_patch: QA Issue: Patch log indicates that patches do not apply cleanly. [patch-fuzz]
Currently  2 running tasks (7874 of 7918)  99% |####################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################  |
0: openjdk-8-native-272-r0 do_fetch (pid 12170)   0% |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                |
1: openjdk-8-272-r0 do_fetch (pid 12172)   0% |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |

It seems it's a fetch problem, as the size of the .tar.bz2 is always zero

junha@JSHIN-L1808D:~/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/build_s32g274ardb2goldvip$ ls /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-jdk8u272-ga.tar.bz2 -l
-rw-rw-r-- 1 junha junha 0 Mar 17 21:29 /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip/downloads/openjdk8-272-jaxp-jdk8u272-ga.tar.bz2

Any ideas on how to fix this problem so that I can move forward? 

it's great if I can pass the openjdk build, I am also good if I can disable the openjdk package in my build.

I tried this as well by remove layer meta-java, but unfortunately, this caused other problems as below

ERROR: No recipes in default available for:
  /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip-copy/sources/meta-gvip/recipes-core/icedtea/icedtea7-native_%.bbappend
  /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip-copy/sources/meta-gvip/recipes-core/openjdk/openjdk-8_272.bbappend
  /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip-copy/sources/meta-gvip/recipes-core/rhino/rhino_1.7r4.bbappend
  /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip-copy/sources/meta-gvip/recipes-core/xerces-j/xerces-j_2.11.0.bbappend
  /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip-copy/sources/meta-gvip/recipes-iot/aws-iot-fleetwise/aws-iot-fleetwise-edge.bbappend
  /home/junha/work/s32g_bsp/nxp-yocto-goldvip-copy/sources/meta-gvip/recipes-sdk/aws-c-mqtt/aws-c-mqtt_0.7.6.bbappend

Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Juin0223

Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay.

I also had tried it recently and met similar issue, the only difference is that finally I fetched the package after several trials, seems the host of openjdk did not stable then, but today I found that it works fine, you may have another trial.

I do not suggest removing the JAVA support, since several packages are with dependencies on it.

Best Regards

Chenyin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Juin0223
Contributor I

@chenyin_h you are a lucky person I tried many times for the past several days, there is no single time that I can pass the build. However, I just gave it a try this morning, it passed

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Juin0223

Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay.

I also had tried it recently and met similar issue, the only difference is that finally I fetched the package after several trials, seems the host of openjdk did not stable then, but today I found that it works fine, you may have another trial.

I do not suggest removing the JAVA support, since several packages are with dependencies on it.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos