Why did 2 instances sample get the different configs for s32g3 brd ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did 2 instances sample get the different configs for s32g3 brd ?

Jump to solution
fengxianeric
Contributor IV
Hi, I compiled IPCF_Example_multi_instance_S32G399_M7_0/1 for ipcf, and want to know what it will impact about these 2 different configurations by below interface,
ipcf屏幕截图 2023-06-13 164059.png
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since both projects are different, we do expect them to have differences. You cannot load the M7_1 project into M7_0 and expect them to work without modifications.

Both projects have specific symbols that will tell the compiler which code to add and which to discard. If you verify the M7_0 project, it has the initialization of the M7_1 core. If you look into the M7_1 core, this code is discarded.

Also, one core is under Polling mode, while the other is on interrupt mode. You need to verify what you are trying to merge and confirm that it won't impact the overall implementation.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you help us elaborate more on regards of your request? We are not fully understanding what differences you are talking about.

We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
fengxianeric
Contributor IV

To know the potential impact on running or integrated with other firmware samples , presently I am considering integrate them into llce can sample together, so basically I am caring about the difference impact between these 2 instances.  Thanks caring

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since both projects are different, we do expect them to have differences. You cannot load the M7_1 project into M7_0 and expect them to work without modifications.

Both projects have specific symbols that will tell the compiler which code to add and which to discard. If you verify the M7_0 project, it has the initialization of the M7_1 core. If you look into the M7_1 core, this code is discarded.

Also, one core is under Polling mode, while the other is on interrupt mode. You need to verify what you are trying to merge and confirm that it won't impact the overall implementation.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
fengxianeric
Contributor IV
It seems that Acore app and Mcore app should be same working mode with polling or interrupt, I am not clear about both mode working together. And then how to enable Acore linux side app to match multiple channel working together ?
0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We may be confusing the overall request. You were first asking for the M7 application differences, but now you are talking about the A53 and M7 applications. Which one are you looking for?

As for the A53 working with multi-channel, if you are under BSP33.0, there is a patch provided under the AN13750. As for the newer BSP's, we understand they already should have the needed patch for multicore applications.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
fengxianeric
Contributor IV

Thanks caring.

We may be confusing the overall request. You were first asking for the M7 application differences, but now you are talking about the A53 and M7 applications. Which one are you looking for?

[Eric] The reason I mentioned both cores due to ipcf different drivers for such cores. Actually I am considering can-frame from acore to mcore by ipcf sw stack.

As for the A53 working with multi-channel, if you are under BSP33.0, there is a patch provided under the AN13750. As for the newer BSP's, we understand they already should have the needed patch for multicore applications.

[Eric] I verified workable version ipcf 4.8.0 sw stack, thanks.