cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serdes conflict

Abhiram_m_s
Contributor I

Hello,
I am facing an issue where the ethernet messages stop flowing when serdes gets initialised in A core side during boot.
The ethernet flows for sometime, but as soon as serdes gets initialised in a core, we face the issue.
I have tried removing the serdes from .dtsi file but i am still getting the same.
I am using s32g399ardb3 and Linux BSP 40.0. We are also using sja1110 sdk.

Please tell us how to proceed

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you help us elaborate more on regards of the behavior you are seeing? For the following comment:

"when serdes gets initialised in A core side during boot"

We understand that you might be working on a multicore application but cannot confirm with the current information being provided. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Abhiram_m_s
Contributor I

@Daniel-Aguirre

We want to disable the PFE and serdes on A core and use it only on M core.

Current status: When we start the M core and A core together using the NxP boot loader, we can see that M core autosar application sending the UDP messages continuously until A core u-boot is boot successfully and Kernel starts.

As soon as kernel starts we observed that M core side Ethernet communication stops.

Abhiram_m_s_0-1720455078744.png

in the above log

Failed to configure XPCS1_1
Failed to update XPCS1 for SerDes1

Starting kernel ...

we can see that M core sending the message until u boot is boots successfully it will wait for 3 seconds after that it will start the kernel, as soon as the kernel starts, we observed the issue.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the available information, we understand that PFE is being initialized under uboot. You should be able to disable it from menuconfig under uboot then verify if this provides the expected outcome of not losing the ethernet communication.

Overall, this seems to be a resource conflict between both cores. The overall recommendation from the internal team is the following:

"

We strongly recommend that the clock configuration be managed by the bootloader and not by other modules. Managing clocks separately may lead to unpredictable situations when encountering problems.

For SerDes, it is not strange to move the configuration of Serdes to Bootloader. 

"

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Abhiram_m_s
Contributor I

Hello,
We have configured serdes init and the clock in the bootloader. We have also disabled the PFE in uboot, but we are facing the same issue. We have also disabled serdes in the device tree.
How do we proceed?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you help us share the boot log of your system? For us to better understand the behavior you are seeing.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos