Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G3 bsp38 u-boot loads PFE firmware

Jump to solution
XD
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using BSP38 and have programmed the fip.s32-sdcard file to the eMMC. During the U-Boot boot process, I encountered a failure loading the PFE firmware, returning -1. According to the output of mtd list, the PFE firmware should be located at address 0x0000030a0000-0x000004000000.

I used Flashtool to program the s32g_pfe_class.fw file to address 0x30a0000 and set the pfengfw variable in the environment. Despite these steps, the PFE firmware still fails to load.

Could you provide guidance on the correct steps to ensure that U-Boot loads the PFE firmware properly?

Thanks,

XD

=> print pfengfw
pfengfw=0x30a0000
=> pfeng info   
Failed to get speed of XPCS for emac1_xpcs** No partition table - mmc 0 **
PFEng firmware file 'mmc@0:1:s32g_pfe_class.fw' loading failed: -1
PFE mode: enable
  emac0: sgmii emac1: sgmii emac2: rgmii
  fw: '0x30a0000' (from env)
=> 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

Thanks for the post.

Yes, the uboot loads the PFE firmware from the partition 1.

Currently, from the BSP UM, only the full disk image that generated from Yocto build includes both FIP and PFE firmware.

BR

Chenyin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

Thanks for the post.

Yes, the uboot loads the PFE firmware from the partition 1.

Currently, from the BSP UM, only the full disk image that generated from Yocto build includes both FIP and PFE firmware.

BR

Chenyin

0 Kudos
XD
Contributor I

Hi Chenyin,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have the partition table or the script to generate the image for reference?

Thanks,

XD

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked the related document, but seems currently no related script found, from my opinion, you may directly use the partation table of pre-built full images, then copy the PFE firmware to correct place.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

BR

Chenyin

0 Kudos
XD
Contributor I

It appears that the eMMC lacks a partition, and U-Boot requires a FAT partition to load the firmware file.

Is there a way to generate a file that includes both the FIP and PFE firmware? Alternatively, is there another method to enable U-Boot to locate the firmware file?

Thanks,

XD

0 Kudos