Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G3 RDB3 PFE_MAC0 SGMII 1G speed failure in u-boot

Jump to solution
XD
Contributor I

Hi,

In the BSP41 U-Boot, the default hwconfig sets PFE_MAC0 to 2.5G. I changed the speed to 1G, but encountered the error 'Failed to get 'emac0_xpcs' PHY.' According to the BSP41 user manual, changing any DIP switch settings is not necessary. Did I miss any additional steps for configuring the speed change?

=> print hwconfig
hwconfig=serdes0:mode=pcie,clock=ext;pcie0:mode=rc;serdes1:mode=xpcs0&xpcs1,clock=ext,fmhz=125;xpcs1_0:speed=1G
=> ping 10.0.0.12
Failed to get 'emac0_xpcs' PHY
Failed to initialize PFE XPCS phys
eth_eqos Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT !
phy_startup() failed: -110FAILED: -110Failed to get 'emac0_xpcs' PHY
Failed to initialize PFE XPCS phys
ping failed; host 10.0.0.12 is not alive

Thanks,

XD

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

Thanks for your reply.

Now I can understanding your testing setup, from the BSP UM, the following settings are supported: (which is similar to your settings)

chenyin_h_0-1726128205170.png

However, in order to use this setting, the 1G FW have to be used by SJA1110, instead of the default one, this may be the reason that caused your issue.

BR

Chenyin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

Thanks for your reply.

Now I can understanding your testing setup, from the BSP UM, the following settings are supported: (which is similar to your settings)

chenyin_h_0-1726128205170.png

However, in order to use this setting, the 1G FW have to be used by SJA1110, instead of the default one, this may be the reason that caused your issue.

BR

Chenyin

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

May I know which network interace you were using for the ping test under u-boot, I tried the same settings as you made on my local RDB3, seems the PFE2 works fine. I was using the default DIP settings for SD boot.

BR

Chenyin

0 Kudos
XD
Contributor I

Hi Chenyin,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am using PFE_MAC0, with both the original and the changed hwconfig, the physical RJ45 is the one on the top right. I though PFE_MAC2 is routed to PCIe. The config 'xpcs1_0:speed=2G5' or 'xpcs1_0:speed=1G' should be PFE_MAC0, right?

Thanks,

Xiaodong

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @XD 

Thanks for your post.

Let me check it, and will reply you soon.

BR

Chenyin

0 Kudos