Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G274A_Integrate LLCE_CAN_LIN Configuration tool generated code RTD version

Jump to solution
ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

Hi 

Trying to build and run the S32G274A_Integrate LLCE_CAN_LIN example, following all instructions in the document and due to probably outdated something (some clock divider was not suitable) - I had to run the configuration tool - and here comes the problem 

After updateing code in the configuration tool, I saw that the generated files are not generated in the suitable RTD version, they are RTD 3.0.2 as long as the example is RTD 1.0.0

And as so, the compiler says that the versions are different.

see one example for OsIf.h and OsIfCfg.if

oferbaharguardknox_1-1687601580479.png

oferbaharguardknox_2-1687601594888.png

My S32DS is installed with two RTDs , 1.0.0 as this example requires and 3.0.2 as come with the S32DS

oferbaharguardknox_0-1687601387775.png

How should i make the configuration tool to generate (update) the code according to a RTD version i want ?

By the way I did an additional experiment by removing the RTD 3.0.2, and it turns out that the S32G274A_Rev2 is not supported by the tool !!!

oferbaharguardknox_0-1687683691131.png

Guys, that too much !!

Appreciate your help

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

A project is linked directly to the packages it was made with. You could try to detach and try to attach a new package, but it will either fail or even create problems on the project.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We apologize for the problems you are having. We understand that the guide/project you are using is outdated at this moment, and that still we have it published in our site, we apologize.

Seems to be that the general problem is that the example was created using RTD v1.0.0 while S32DS is taking your RTD v3.0.2. Did you install RTD v1.0.0 prior to importing the project? If not, the project automatically took the RTD version you had installed. 

Even after you installed RTD v1.0.0, if the project took RTD v3.0.2 by default, you need to delete the project and import it again. You need both RTD/LLCE for this project to work, do you also have an LLCE version that works with RTD v1.0.0?

If you already have RTD v3.0.2 with LLCE v1.0.4, we can recommend using the available examples by clicking under S32DS:

DanielAguirre_0-1687800153902.png

Then, under the new window, searching by LLCE as shown below:

DanielAguirre_1-1687800214447.png

There is a known issue under LLCE v1.0.4, where the LLCE_BIN_DIR linked resource is linked incorrectly.

DanielAguirre_2-1687800313869.png

You need to follow "Project > Properties > Resource > Linked Resources", click the LLCE_BIN_DIR resource:

DanielAguirre_3-1687800413346.png

And modify it to be linked to the correct installation folder of LLCE, which for our specific case is the following:

DanielAguirre_4-1687800465202.png

After this, you can proceed to update the code under config tools. We recommend reading the "description.txt" file attached to the project, since the instructions to be able to run the project are provided in there.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

After many tries I must say that the S32 is 'unwilling' to upgrade or downgrade (i.e., migrate) a project from the RTD version it was created to the one installed in the IDE/

Even an example project loaded to the IDE under an underlying RTD, and after which another RTD was installed, the project fails and can't be fixed until its uploaded / created / imported once again with the new RTD

oferbaharguardknox_0-1688283013153.png

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

A project is linked directly to the packages it was made with. You could try to detach and try to attach a new package, but it will either fail or even create problems on the project.

Please, let us know.