Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G2 Linux BSP build fail

Jump to solution
yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Hello,

I chose YOCTO to build Linux-BSP 39.0, I chose to build auto target

my ubuntu is 22.04, 8 cores and memory more than 8M, is it OK?  (Ubuntu version must be 18.04.4 LTS?)

My PC restarts everytime and build failed.

What are the minimum requirements for the number of cores, memory, and operating system for the compiler PC?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the BSP39.0 UM, it is mentioned that  

“All the steps described below have been run and validated on Ubuntu-20.04 LTS (native or through a virtual machine). It is then recommended to install Ubuntu-20.04 LTS before going through the following sections.”

“A Yocto build needs at least 50GB of free space and takes a lot of time (2 to 10 hours, depending on the system configuration). It is recommended to use a powerful system with many cores and a fast storage media (SSD is recommended). The recommended RAM size is 8 GB.”

So, in summary, it is suggested that:

1. Host: Ubuntu20.04-LTS is recommended.
  2. DDR: 8GB+ is recommended.
  3. Storage: SSD is recommended, better to have large size
  4. CPU: Powerful CPU with many cores.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the BSP39.0 UM, it is mentioned that  

“All the steps described below have been run and validated on Ubuntu-20.04 LTS (native or through a virtual machine). It is then recommended to install Ubuntu-20.04 LTS before going through the following sections.”

“A Yocto build needs at least 50GB of free space and takes a lot of time (2 to 10 hours, depending on the system configuration). It is recommended to use a powerful system with many cores and a fast storage media (SSD is recommended). The recommended RAM size is 8 GB.”

So, in summary, it is suggested that:

1. Host: Ubuntu20.04-LTS is recommended.
  2. DDR: 8GB+ is recommended.
  3. Storage: SSD is recommended, better to have large size
  4. CPU: Powerful CPU with many cores.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos