S32G_LLCE1.0.4_can2can flash to QSPI but fail to run,what could be the reason?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G_LLCE1.0.4_can2can flash to QSPI but fail to run,what could be the reason?

hebi
Contributor I

I am debugging the LLCE1.0.4_CAN2CAN routine, after using the debugger Debugger, and confirming that CAN2CAN functions properly, I tried to solidify the code to QSPI, and the solidification was successful, but it did not run properly, and I repeatedly confirmed that there was no problem with the solidification steps. Load SRAM address, Vector_Table address, all confirmed no error. I can't locate the problem point, can anyone suggest some guidance?

未命名图片1.png未命名图片2.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you using any NXP development board? Or is this a custom board?

How are you confirming that the example is not working? Is this an S32DS example or an EB Tresos example? We assume this is an EB Tresos example, but we would like confirmation.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

hebi
Contributor I

HI,

Thank you for your answer.

Q: Are you using a NXP development board? Or a customized development board?

A:I am using S32G-VNP-RDB2 development board.

Q:How are you confirming that the example is not working?

A:I use T32 to debug by script, the example can send CAN frame and initialize the LED blinking, but nothing happens after I use serial flash to QSPI. I also suspected that it was a problem with the image creation step, but after double checking, there is no problem with the image creation step. I don't know what the problem is.

Q:Is this an S32DS example or an EB Tresos example?

A:It's an EB Tresos example under S32G_LLCE1.0.4 (NXP\ S32G_LLCE_1_0_4\sample_app_llce\llce_sample_app_af\sample_app_can_llce\tresos_s32g2)

I'm attaching my flash steps to hopefully figure out what the problem is.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have used S32DS project from our side before and had no problem with booting from QSPI. Due to not having the right tools, we implemented a toggling LED from our side and see it toggle as per the application.

As for your IVT configuration, we are seeing that you enabled the QSPI reconfiguration parameters, but you are not sending them:

DanielAguirre_0-1700593876367.png

Could be that you need to add them if you are setting the flag for them. You should be able to find some reconfiguration binaries under the following path:

"C:\nxp\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\mcu_data\processors\S32G274A_Rev2\PlatformSDK_S32XX_2022_03\quadspi\default_boot_images"

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

hebi
Contributor I

HI,

Thank you for your answer.
I tested both projects according to your answer, and as you said, the S32DS project, it does download to QSPI and works fine. But when I use a project that is Non-S32DS, it does not download to QSPI and works fine, I also turn off "configure QuadSPI parameters", but the result is the same. Can you help to test and confirm this for non-S32DS projects? Thanks a lot!

The S32DS projects (CAN2CAN) can be downloaded to QSPI and run properly.

D:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32XX_2022_03\SW32_LLCE_4_4_1_0_4_D2204\Can_43_LLCE_TS_T40D11M10I4R0\examples\S32DS未命名图片1.png

Non-S32DS project (can2can) that can be downloaded to QSPI do not work properly.

D:\NXP\S32G_LLCE_1_0_4\sample_app_llce\llce_sample_app_af\sample_app_can_llce

未命名图片2.png

I'm sure they're different.Appreciate it if you can test the non-S32DS program!

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. For what we understand, the Tresos projects were not prepared to be loaded from QSPI, but from a debugger, they may need modifications to the linker file.

Seeing the linker from the Tresos project, we see many differences, mainly on regards of the intc_vector section, since we see there are 2 mapped sections. We may not fully understand the reason for this, but at the end the scope of this application was to be run from the debugger side. 

You could try to mirror the Linker configuration under the S32DS example, to understand if you see any difference, since we know that the S32DS example is working.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

hebi
Contributor I

HI,

Thanks for your reply, as you said I also noticed the difference in the linker file, then I compared the linker file of both and we saw many differences. So I ported the linker of S32DS-can2can to EB tresos Project. but in fact at the end the scope of the application will run from the debugger side. Downloading to QSPI still doesn't work. Obviously, the Linker file is not the root problem and there are other issues present. I have limited skills and seek help with a senior engineer for guidance.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

Under this community we don't commonly support modifications nor development for customers. We can recommend contacting any local NXP FAE near you for these situations. We can also recommend opening a ticket under the NXP online services, since they could also put you in contact with the development team, if required. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos