cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDB2 LLCE_LIN slave example

Subhiksha_Rajasekar
Contributor I

Hi NXP team,

I am using S32G_RDB2 EVK to test LLCE_LIN loopback example which is provided in the SDK_1.0.5.

I am able to test the loopback of as per the description provided in the example, looping LIN 2-->LIN 3 bus configured as master and slave.

I have validated by configuring both LIN 2 and LIN3 as master and connected to external slave device and we are able observe the LIN frames at the slave end.

Iam planning to validate the same by configuring both LIN2 and LIN3 as Slave and connect it to external master device and validate the Reception of LIN data. 

If there is any support regarding this would be of great help. Do revert back with your inputs on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhiksha 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Subhiksha_Rajasekar
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

Configuration of Lin as Slave in the provided LLCE example is already validated and working fine in the loopback mode (i.e. connecting LIN2 and LIN3 bus).

The query is actually to validate the LLCE LIN driver as independent slave, connecting it to external Master device and validate the LIN frames.

As per the code there is a internal scheduler which masks the LIN PID received and copies the data available in the scheduler to the shared memory. so, if I send the same PID with different data from the master, I am unable to receive the data at the slave end.

This is to validate the LIN using LLCE firmware, if there is any changes to be done from the driver code to validate the LIN as independent slave, do revert back with your inputs on this.

Thanks and regards,

Subhiksha

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We don't see any limitations on regards of only using LIN Slaves under LLCE. What we see is the following recommendation:

"please wakeup the slave node before receiving the header from the master "

Aside from this, we cannot see anything else, we do apologize.

Also, can you help us elaborate more on the following comment:

"if I send the same PID with different data from the master, I am unable to receive the data at the slave end."

Can you share any logs on this regard?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For what we are able to see, there is no additional information on regards of configuring both LIN channels to slave. The available information is the example you have already used. What we can recommend is changing the roles (LIN2 slave | LIN3 master) to confirm that both channels are able to be set as slave, then setting both channels as slave.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos