Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLCE Auto Routing - CAN Message Lost

Jump to solution
Siyan
Contributor III

Hi, NXP Experts,

I'm testing LLCE CAN performance on S32G399A.

The testcase is:

1.Transmit 10 Classic CAN Messages on 100ms period to BCAN0 by CANoe

2.Configure LLCE_CAN and LLCE_AF to route the BCAN0 received 10 Classic CAN Messages to BCAN1

3.Use CANoe monitor messages on BCAN0(CAN 1) and BCAN1(CAN 2) bus

From following CANoe Trace window, we could found that some CAN messages route failed(red underline marked)

Siyan_0-1677141257425.png

The questions are:

1.Is the test result reasonable? 

2.If not reasonable, what should i do to solve the problem?

3.Does NXP could provide the benchmark about LLCE routing performance?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Siyan
Contributor III

The issue solved with the help from local FAE by decrease the Number of Hw objects used to implement one HOH of Tx HOH. Because the deep of Tx_lut FIFO is 16. the CAN2CAN used the remaining FIFO count of HTH.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If you are trying to measure the latency between the messages, we recommend using an oscilloscope or logic analyzer, given time on CANoe might be affected by the performance on the computer. Then, with a "Delay" like measurement, you could measure the latency between different messages, even creating a mean if your measurement tool lets you.

As for the messages that are not being sent, we recommend looking into an oscilloscope, to understand if indeed the messages are being lost.

Regarding benchmarks, we recommend either opening a ticket on NXP online services or contacting your local NXP representative/FAE, to see if this information is available and can be shared.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Siyan
Contributor III

In Lauterbach, there's a NO_MB_AVAILABLE error recorded in Can_SharedMemory variable.

But i don't know why this error occurs, 15 Number of Hw objects have configured for transmitting.

Siyan_0-1677203917593.png

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that this project is not a provided NXP one. Have you tried the Can2Can project that we provide? To understand if the same happens in our provided project.

We have worked with ours Can2Can project, and we haven't seen this behavior (at least we have not notice it).

It routes the messages from BCAN_0/1 to BCAN_14/15, could also work for the test purposes that you are researching.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Siyan
Contributor III

The issue solved with the help from local FAE by decrease the Number of Hw objects used to implement one HOH of Tx HOH. Because the deep of Tx_lut FIFO is 16. the CAN2CAN used the remaining FIFO count of HTH.

Siyan
Contributor III

Hi,

Following picture is the CAN bus status monitored by oscilloscope.

This time use CANoe transmits 3 CAN messages to BCAN0.

Pic001: 3 CAN messages route success

Siyan_0-1677201171966.png

Pic002: 1 CAN message lost

Siyan_1-1677201222555.png

How to explain this issue?

I checked LLCE_SYS_CLK is 200MHz. And the Number of Hw objects i configured is enough to handle 3 CAN messges.

Siyan_2-1677201740149.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos