Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCF v4.8 demo app build failed with S32DS 3.4 based on SDK BSP35

Jump to solution
hittzt
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I noticed that the BSP35 has been released officially, and IPCF demo is updated to v4.8, but the demo need to be build by self. And I tried to build the demo with v4.8 update site installed into S32DS 3.4, but build failed with the following error:

ipcf-4.8-build-error.jpg

So would you please help to check the issue and fix it or give a workaround for it?

By the way, I have encountered similar issue for v4.7 version, but did not get proper responds.

And I suggest that when S32G SDK released, the released IPCF demo apps can be prebuilt and released like HSE or PFE, LLCE components, then users can save a lot time, rather then waste time to try to build the demos by self and run into strange errors as above.

Thanks,

Zhantao

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The problem seems to be related to S32DS v3.4 not supporting the release of IPCF you are working with. Could be that S32DS v3.5 is the one with the support for your specific set-up.

As for the BSP and IPCF versions, could be that you were given access to non-public releases. As for them, we recommend sending this inquiry to your local NXP representative for them to redirect them as needed.

We thank you for your comprehension.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yuxuan
Contributor II

Hi,

you can try to update S32 DS version to 3.5, my version is 3.5.1 and I can click mex file .

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The problem seems to be related to S32DS v3.4 not supporting the release of IPCF you are working with. Could be that S32DS v3.5 is the one with the support for your specific set-up.

As for the BSP and IPCF versions, could be that you were given access to non-public releases. As for them, we recommend sending this inquiry to your local NXP representative for them to redirect them as needed.

We thank you for your comprehension.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
hittzt
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I installed S32DS 3.5 and build IPCF 4.8.0 out finally.

But I find that, there is no user manual for IPCF 4.8.0, so I just follow the previous IPCF verification steps to check the feature, but the case failed as following:

root@nxp-s32g:~# echo 10 > /sys/kernel/ipc-shm-sample/ping
[ 157.548196] ipc-shm-sample: starting demo...
[ 157.552379] ipc-shm-sample: ch 0 >> 20 bytes: SENDING MESSAGES: 10
[ 157.559077] ipc-shm-sample: send_data_msg(): failed to get buffer for channel ID 1 and size 32
root@nxp-s32g:~#

and the steps to check IPCF on S32G399A-EVB board as below:

a> disable Data Cache from uboot:
=>dcache off
b> zero-set SRAM shared memory used by both sample apps:
=>mw.q 0x34100000 0x0 0x100000
c> load IPCF binary in SRAM:
=>fatload mmc 0:1 0x80000000 IPCF_Example_S32G399_M7_0.bin
then:
=>cp.q 0x80000000 0x34300000 0x30000
=>dcache on;
d> start M7 core (the argument is the address of the Interrupt Vector):
=>startm7 0x34381000;
e> boot Linux:
=>boot

after linux system startup, enable ipcf driver support on linux

modprobe ipc-shm-sample

then run ipcf test command:

echo 10 > /sys/kernel/ipc-shm-sample/ping

The above steps work fine with previous IPCF version. so I think there must be some steps changed in IPCF v4.8.0.

Would you please help to check the issue and give right steps to check the feature?

Thanks,

Zhantao

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Normally, there should be a "description.txt" provided on the examples. For the IPCF example, there should be one provided in which the commands are explained.

As for the previous "description.txt" version (4.6.0 in our specific case), we see some discrepancies as shown below:

- The zero-set region is being made on 0x34000000, not 0x34100000

- The count being copied from DDRAM to SRAM is different (0x60000 on the example, 0x30000 on yours)

- There is no re-enabling of data cache, as you are showing.

- There are 2 commands being made prior to executing the sample (insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ipc-shm-dev.ko and insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ipc-shm-sample.ko)

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
hittzt
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

In previous IPCF version, like v4.7.0, there is no description.txt file, but have readme file and user manual, and the detail steps to verify the feature is stated in the user manual. But in v4.8.0, the readme and user manual are all gone, so there is no clear introduction to show the verification steps. About this issue, please check internally.

And the zero-set region is being made on 0x34100000, because there is new commit in ipcf repo to make the change, so I followed the commit to change.

The ipc-shm-dev.ko module will be loaded automatically, when ipc-shm-sample.ko loaded.

So please help to give the whole verification steps for IPCF v4.8.0.

Thanks,

Zhantao

0 Kudos
hittzt
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed that the S32DS 3.5.1 "S32 Design Studio 3.5.1 Development Package with support for S32G devices" is released, but it is a package, and there is no "S32 Design Studio 3.5.1" software in the release site. So I tried to add S32 Design Studio 3.5.1 Development Package into S32DS 3.4, but it seems failed.

The previously installed packages may affect the 3.5.1 package install?

I will remove the previous packages and try again.

Thanks,

Zhantao

0 Kudos