IEEE1588 of PFE2 on s32grdb3 could not work.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEEE1588 of PFE2 on s32grdb3 could not work.

xiuli_sun
Contributor II

Hi,

I am going to enable IEEE1588 of PFE on s32grdb3 board on VxWorks with BSP35 and I am using PFE2.

I called this function pfe_emac_enable_ts() to enable ptp and timestamp on emac2. I checked the registers in function pfe_emac_enable_ts() and the values are the same with Linux running.

And the return value of pfe_emac_enable_ts() is right which means that ptp is enabled on emac2.

Then I called pfe_emac_cfg_get_ts_time() after pfe_emac_enable_ts() is called. But the time stay unchanged. It remained zero all the time.

Are there any particular settings (setting sequence or other registers bit enabled)for enabling 1588 on PFE?

Looking forward to you reply.

Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

xiuli_sun
Contributor II

Yes, I am configuring PTP for PFE on S32GRDB3. The 1588 time now can update.

But there is a new problem:

When I configured S32GRDB3 with vxWorks as PTP master, it keeps normal for about 4 minutes, then PFE could not get tx timestamp.

It could not generated Rx Interrupt when I configured to timestamp egress packets.

Have you ever encountered this before ?

Thanks,

Xiuli

0 Kudos

Quentin2022
Contributor III

Hi,

Can you share the solution?I have the same problem, get the ts time of pfe2 is always 0

0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @xiuli_sun,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Are you configuring PTP for PFE Master or Slave device?

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos

xiuli_sun
Contributor II
Hi MayanksPatel,

I have solved the 1588 time update issues.
Here is a new problem:
When I configured S32GRDB3 with VxWorks as PTP master, it keeps normal for about the 4 minutes. Then the tx timestamp could not get any more. The Rx interrupt for getting tx timestamp could not generated any more.

Do you know the reason ?

Thanks a lot !

Thanks,
Xiuli
0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @xiuli_sun,

Can you please share the kernel logs when PTP is initialized and at a time when you face an issue with PTP?

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos