cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How S32G LLCE CAN use in bare board

RAYL_LAMS
Contributor II

Hi,

I am interesting that how S32G LLCE CAN features can migrate to the bare board without OS, As I know If we want to use the LLCE feature, we need to install the LLCE driver and LLCE firmware. 

I am wondering in this two scenario how LLCE CAN works:

1. How to use LLCE CAN in bare boards?
  2. If we do not want use LLCE feature of S32G, Can we use BCAN interface by ourselves' developed CAN driver? Is there any sample or guideline to implement this feature?

Currently, I have implement LLCE CAN applications based on S32G274A , A53 Linux Environment and want to migrate those applications to S32G bare board which application shall start in u-boot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RAYL_LAMS
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I am developing my prototype base on S32G-VNP-RDB2-RM (S32G274A)  A53 cortex. and LLCE_1_0_5 for development. Without RTOS support.

The requirements of our prototype is develop applications to process 8 channels CAN IO data. As you know S32G only provide 4 FlexcAN so we decide to use LLCE CAN for CAN IO processing.

As I defined two scenario the latest post, I prefer the first scenario to load the LLCE firmware in U-boot, but I am not sure whether is possible to load the LLCE-FW in u-boot? 

If we cannot use LLCE firmware in bare board, I may plan to develop CAN Driver to manage 16 channels BCAN interface, I want to make sure if it is possible to do in this way?

Thanks for your reply.

LAMS

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

Q1 > As I defined two scenario the latest post, I prefer the first scenario to load the LLCE firmware in U-boot, but I am not sure whether is possible to load the LLCE-FW in u-boot? 

[NXP]: We understand that there is no documentation on regards of loading LLCE-FW directly from uboot. There are examples available under the M7 core which load LLCE-FW, you could use it as a reference.

Q2 > If we cannot use LLCE firmware in bare board, I may plan to develop CAN Driver to manage 16 channels BCAN interface, I want to make sure if it is possible to do in this way?

[NXP]: We understand that LLCE-FW is provided in a binary form by NXP under the standard package. There is also the possibility of using the LLCE-FW Premium package, which provides the possibility of adding custom functionality.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

RAYL_LAMS
Contributor II

Thanks Daniel,

A2 > We understand that LLCE-FW is provided in a binary form by NXP under the standard package. There is also the possibility of using the LLCE-FW Premium package, which provides the possibility of adding custom functionality.

Q3: How to get the Premium package? For the premium package, is that the customer can develop the functions base NXP's firmware source code or NXP guys will help to develop functions from customer?

Q4: However, the usage of LLCE from our side is CAN channels, Can we customize the LLCE with only the LLCE-CAN feature? It seems core 0 (DTE), 1 (RX PPE), 2 (TX PPE) will be use for CAN TX, RX and CAN frame transfer.

Thanks for your help~

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

Q3 > How to get the Premium package? For the premium package, is that the customer can develop the functions base NXP's firmware source code or NXP guys will help to develop functions from customer?

[NXP]: All information on regards of LLCE-FW premium package should be provided through your local NXP FAE/DFAE/representative. As for the differences, the following is told under the LLCE-FW starter guide:

"The major difference is the presence of “llce_fw” folder in the FDK installation. It contains all source
code for the firmware."

Q4 > However, the usage of LLCE from our side is CAN channels, Can we customize the LLCE with only the LLCE-CAN feature? It seems core 0 (DTE), 1 (RX PPE), 2 (TX PPE) will be use for CAN TX, RX and CAN frame transfer.

[NXP]: LLCE subsystem should be loaded with the required features for it to work as expected. More information should be provided through your local NXP person.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

When you are talking about "migrate those applications to S32G bare board", are you referring to using the M7 core available under the S32G? Or where are you looking to implement the LLCE-FW loading? If you help us elaborate more on what are you looking, we might be able to provide a better support from our side.

Also, are you using an NXP reference board? Or is this a custom board?

Which LLCE version are you using?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos