Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbled characters occur during linux startup

fengshirui
Contributor I

Hi all.
Have a nice day.
After receiving the Goldbox, I attempted to boot using my custom-compiled Linux image file and device tree file, but encountered some issues.

1. How I compiled my Linux image file: I used Yocto for the compilation process, specifically the BSP version 39.0, and then used fsl-image-auto. As a result, I obtained the Image and s32g274ardb2.dtb files.

2. Boot method: I attempted to boot using the official TFTP method in U-Boot. However, after attempting to download via my TFTP server through the Goldbox, the boot process failed, resulting in garbled text. I have attached my log files for reference.

I need you help. Thank you.

BR.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the reply.

You may download and use the pre-built images via the following way:

- Sign in to your NXP account (link to NXP site: Automotive, IoT & Industrial Solutions | NXP Semiconductors)
- Click on "My NXP Account" (top-right) and click on "Software Licensing and Support" under the "Licensing" section within the window it opens.
- This will redirect you to another page. In this new page, select the option "View Accounts" under the "Software accounts" section.
- This will again redirect you to another page. On this page, you should see an "Automotive SW - S32G - Linux BSP (Cortex-A53)" option, click on it.

In there, you should see all the available BSP versions for your account. If you don't see the specific version you are looking for, help us contacting your local NXP FAE/representative, for them to start the required process to provide the access.

While downloaded, unzip it and find the corresponding images for RDB2 SD boot: fsl-image-auto-s32g274ardb2.sdcard

Use the following command to flash the binary to the SD card:

sudo dd if=./fsl-image-auto-s32g274ardb2.sdcard of=/dev/sdX bs=1M && sync

Insert the SD card to the board, and boot the board till Linux prompt, test if there are still issues.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @fengshirui 

Nice day, thanks for the using the NXP GoldBOX

1. May I know if you have ever tried the pre-built images of BSP39 with SD boot to check if there are any issues during booting the board?
  2. From the description, you were building the kernel image and dtb via Yocto, may I know if any modifications made on the kernel configuration or source code?
  3. May I know your console settings? Like speed, data bits, etc.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

fengshirui
Contributor I

Hello

Have a nice day.

1.May I know if you have ever tried the pre-built images of BSP39 with SD boot to check if there are any issues during booting the board?
 No.I didn't do it.Where can I get the pre-built images?
2.From the description, you were building the kernel image and dtb via Yocto, may I know if any modifications made on the kernel configuration or source code?
 No.There is no change from me.
3.May I know your console settings? Like speed, data bits, etc.

Of course.In u-boot.I use the run mmcargs first and then is the run netboot.The following is the U-boot console setting.

console=ttyLF0
baudrate=115200
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} earlycon nohz=off coherent_pool=64M

In my pc.I used the putty with speed 115200.

0 Kudos