cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO captured by Linux and M7 not able to use them

curiousmindflow
Contributor II

Hello,

I try to control the GPIO (and the builtin LED, for debug control) with the M7 that run a binary and Linux running in parallel on the A53.

The M7 loose control over the GPIO when Linux is launched and so i'm stuck.

I tried many combination in the DTS to let Linux do not take control over the GPIO, but when i do it, Linux loose control over the ethernet ports....

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This seems to be a problem of both, the linux image and the M7 image, using the same resource at the same time. Seeing the IOMUX table for S32G, there does not seem to be any relationship between the LED and the Ethernet ports.

If it helps, there is an Application Note [AN13750: Enabling Multicore Application on S32G2 using S32G2 Platform Software Integration] inside the S32G2 NXP website that explains a multicore example for linux and the 3 M7 cores. Below will be a link redirecting to S32G2 website.

S32G2 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors

Please, let us know if this information was helpful or not.

0 Kudos

curiousmindflow
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried several times to follow this document but with no success.

All is ok until the part of importing the project in EB Tresos software. The configuration is missing several items that are apparently not found in plugins (yes, i copied all the content of NXP/**RTD**/plugins).

Missing plug-in:

- SysDal_TS_T40D11M226I0R0
- ComDal_TS_T40D11M226I0R0
- CryptoDal**
- MemDal**
- Bootloader**
- ComManager**

Another thing to note: from the BSP29 to the BSP33, the uboot don't have anymore this commands:

- initsram
- tftp

In BSP29 i was using those commands to load via TFTP a binary that is launched to the M7.

It's kind of annoying to eternally both succeed to resolve issues and have new one that appears with a new version that is no entirely retro-compatible !

Please, i need answers here.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

curiousmindflow
Contributor II

I found a solution for that specific issue.

The items missing are located in C:\NXP\Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G2_2022_06\applications\realtime\Tresos\eclipse\plugins

Just copying them into EB\tresos\plugins like the others and it will fix the missing items error.

Still, this document (AN13750) cover only one way (QSPI mem and no SDCARD, which is easier for me in dev stage) with again another layer that hide everything.

0 Kudos