Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Bring up

Jump to solution
naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working on the bring up of the Ethernet interface in the S32G2, In datasheet it mentioned that the GMAC will support different versions of ethernet, but the corresponding register details were not present in the reference manual,

and also tried the Eth_lnternal llopback_s32g274a example for ethernet, in this example the IO's are not configured for the ethernet by default, so it is confusing that which instance of the ethernet is used.

Kindly provide information regarding the IO's that are needed for the example and also steps needed to bring up the ETHERNET

#S32G2 #ETHERNET

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding HSE information, we recommend sending the inquiry to your local NXP representative/FAE due to this information being confidential.

As if you could run the application without it, we have done the following modification and can ping the board:

- Under sdk_port.c comment the line 282

#if defined(NXP_RTD_HSE) // Line 281
// HSE_DAL_Init();                // Line 282
#endif /* NXP_RTD_HSE */  // Line 283

This should let you run the application.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
NP1
Contributor III

we are using baremetal configuration in that we don't have sdk_port.c file . So for that do we need HSE firmware or will it work without that 

0 Kudos
NP1
Contributor III

Can you share the HSE FW which need to be flashed (SW or link) ? also it would be great if u can share the flashing procedure for that as well .

0 Kudos
naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

HSE Firmware is not needed if you are using it for ethernet development, as mentioned above just comment the mentioned lines , ethernet will work

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is an "Ethernet Enablement Guide" [S32G-VNP-RDB2 Ethernet Enablement Guide, User Guide, Rev. 1, 05/2021] for RDB2 that gives an overview on how to use the available ethernet ports on the board. This can be downloaded from the RDB2 product page (link: S32G2 Vehicle Networking Reference Design | NXP Semiconductors) under the "Documentation" section.

There is also an available stack under the "Automotive SW – S32G Reference Software > Automotive SW - S32G - TCP/IP Stack (Cortex-M7)" section from Flexera which has an out-of-the-box example that uses the GMAC interface (lwip_s32g274a) that could help you with your question. Just, verify that you have the pre-requisites for the stack (mainly the versions) for you to be able to use it.

Last but not least, there is a "GMAC Subsystem RM" [GMAC Subsystem RM, Rev. 2, 03/2021] in the S32G2 product page (link: S32G2 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors) in the "Documentation" section that could help to understand the insides of the GMAC module.

Please, let us know if this information was helpful or not.

0 Kudos
naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for your reply

i found the TCP/IP stack and it is installed in the S32 Design studio, i am trying to compile the lwip_s32g274a example, but i am getting error in freertos,

I have added the Packages of FREERTOS, RTD, TCP/IP Stacks are all installed in the IDE,

Ethernet.jpg

naveenkumar_muthusamy_0-1674645526984.jpeg

packages_1.jpg

Kindly help me in fixing this error,

0 Kudos
naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I am able to compile the project, i had a issue with the packages installed in the PC, so now build is fine

i am facing issue that, whenever i run the project it is going into the dev_Assert handler,

for physical connections i have connected the ethernet port of RGMII with the PC and both are in same network 192.168.0.1 gateway,

Even when i try to ping the IP of 192.168.0.200 , i am not getting any reply

in discription i found that HSE need to flashed, is it mandatory to flash the CPU, 

if it is mandatory kindly provide the Links and documents regarding how to do it

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding HSE information, we recommend sending the inquiry to your local NXP representative/FAE due to this information being confidential.

As if you could run the application without it, we have done the following modification and can ping the board:

- Under sdk_port.c comment the line 282

#if defined(NXP_RTD_HSE) // Line 281
// HSE_DAL_Init();                // Line 282
#endif /* NXP_RTD_HSE */  // Line 283

This should let you run the application.

Please, let us know.

naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your continued support.

Now we are able to ping the Board from PC and workaround you have suggested is working

Thanks once again

0 Kudos